Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
com.apple.ibooks.display-options

To make font embedding work in an epub in ibooks, this file needs to be in the epub:
Quote:
META-INF/com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml
with this content:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<display_options>
<platform name="*">
<option name="specified-fonts">true</option>
</platform>
</display_options>
Do I just not see how to do that in calibre? At the moment, the only way I can get that into it is to cleverly drag it in via winzip. Seems a plugin might be a good idea, but my python skills are worse than everyone else's.

Or maybe it's already done and I just don't know where to look?

-brewt
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Tweak Book plugin would allow you to explode the epub, paste the file in, and rebuild it. Not a bad idea for someone to maybe add the auto-creation of that xml file into an existing plugin, but it doesn't seem like it would warrant its very own plugin.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Unfortunately, if I have to rebuild the epub (epub to epub), the file doesn't survive, even if I tweak it ahead of the build. Oh well. The hard way it is.
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
Unfortunately, if I have to rebuild the epub (epub to epub), the file doesn't survive, even if I tweak it ahead of the build. Oh well. The hard way it is.
That was NOT what he said to do .

Tweak (Epub and MOBI) does the rebuild (really , just reassembly) . You do ALL the other work. There is NO conversion.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks Ducks!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks Ducks!
Any time Gotta love those that ask for directions, then don't follow them closely and complain that they did not work (BTW I have been guilty, on occasion, of missing a step. I am not always successful a the precise part )

OP
Common uses of Tweak:
slide in a replacement (exact case names required) file for any part/image).
Using a text editor like Notepad++ to edit a typo (or 3 ).
change CSS values.

None of the above would require (matching) changes to the NCX file, which is why I use the term simple. You can do the entire book with tweak if you wanted, the burden of the change would be on your head. Sigil does almost all of the steps to edit a book, but some folk do not like the artifacts that the tools used by Sigil introduce.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote