Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Ummmm... so that means you/whoever wouldn't have to make the acqaintance of Apprentice Alf ?

No... it means that whoever buys is can register the device with Adobe so they can put Adobe DRMd files on it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
[/U]Ummmm... so that means you/whoever wouldn't have to make the acqaintance of Apprentice Alf ?

No. He's got nothing to do with anything. My Deauthorizing it means I can give it to the person next door or sell it and they can authorize it for their own use. It makes it like it's just bought from the store for anyone to use.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #18
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I wrote Sony support an email and here is what they replied:

I understand that you own a Sony PRS-T1 eReader and are enquiring as to if the device can be de-authorized from Adobe DRM before you sell it.

In regards to this matter the unit can be de-authorised from your computer by following the steps below.

PRST1:

1. When the Reader is on, completely shut down the device by pushing the power button found on the bottom of the device, please then wait for 3 seconds and tap yes on the screen and then wait for the screen to turn off.

2. Press the power button, the eReader will start rebooting.

3. When the progress bar progresses, push and hold the Next and Back buttons simultaneously.

4. When home screen appears, release, push and release your finger on Back button and then release your finger on Next button, make sure that you do not do this simultaneously.

5. Tap Yes on the confirmation on the hard reset screen on the eReader, the screen will then turn off automatically after the hard reset.

6. Push power button to start ‘out of box’ settings.

Please then connect this to your computer and authorise your device.

You will not need to de-authorise the device from Adobe DRM and the new owner will be able to create their own Adobe account without issue or access to your old account.

I hope this information is of some assistance. Thank you for your enquiry.

==========

I tried to follow this steps but without luck. I am not too sure if I understand step 4 correctly ... should it read as follows:
Once you see the home screen, release and press and then release again the back button while still keeping the next button pressed and only then release the next button?

I tried many variations but never came to the stage where it would allow me to do the hard reset.
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #19
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
A better description maybe?
http://sony-prs-t1-ereader-review.co...ot-factory.php
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
diddy
Connoisseur

Excellent, not I got it working. Thanks a lot!
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Great!

I fiddled around trying to follow the first description and managed to get the T1 currently living in my house locked in demo mode because I used the wrong buttons. Thankfully the solution to that was available here in the forum as well! <Phew!>
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
diddy
Connoisseur

Yes, this forum an excellent resource!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #23
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
I wrote Sony support an email and here is what they replied:

I understand that you own a Sony PRS-T1 eReader and are enquiring as to if the device can be de-authorized from Adobe DRM before you sell it.

In regards to this matter the unit can be de-authorised from your computer by following the steps below.

PRST1:

1. When the Reader is on, completely shut down the device by pushing the power button found on the bottom of the device, please then wait for 3 seconds and tap yes on the screen and then wait for the screen to turn off.

2. Press the power button, the eReader will start rebooting.

3. When the progress bar progresses, push and hold the Next and Back buttons simultaneously.

4. When home screen appears, release, push and release your finger on Back button and then release your finger on Next button, make sure that you do not do this simultaneously.

5. Tap Yes on the confirmation on the hard reset screen on the eReader, the screen will then turn off automatically after the hard reset.

6. Push power button to start ‘out of box’ settings.

Please then connect this to your computer and authorise your device.

You will not need to de-authorise the device from Adobe DRM and the new owner will be able to create their own Adobe account without issue or access to your old account.

I hope this information is of some assistance. Thank you for your enquiry.

==========

I tried to follow this steps but without luck. I am not too sure if I understand step 4 correctly ... should it read as follows:
Once you see the home screen, release and press and then release again the back button while still keeping the next button pressed and only then release the next button?

I tried many variations but never came to the stage where it would allow me to do the hard reset.
Wow! That's complicated and confusing! Glad you figured it out.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #24
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Install the latest 'Reader for PC/Mac' application.
Run the application and make sure that your Sony Reader PRS-T1 is already connected to your computer. Click 'Reader Help' under 'Help' menu (or just press 'F1' key on your keyboard) and type in 'deauthorize' and then press Enter key. you will get an instruction for deauthorization.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:34 AM   #25
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
For future reference since searching the same thing showed this thread, a factory reset is done using the Page Forward and Back (not Page Back).

http://t1-reader.ru/en/reference/factory.html

Works great and removes the Authorization.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote