Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #91
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
CoolReader3 for Kindle4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's my ready made CoolReader 3 installer for K4NT :

Requirements :
- Jailbreak (developer or ixtab's method)

Installation :
- Download and extract : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/cr3runner_2.5_k4w.zip
- Copy cr3runner_2.5_k4w_install.bin, cr3 and qtKindle to your Kindle
- Update from settings menu
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #92
VladKi
VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
@VladKi Just for fun I localized for French. Strangely, most dialogs remained in english and just a few are being translated in french... I wonder what is wrong
.ts source & .qm binary:
Thank you for French localization
You are not properly end some </translation> tag
Code:
<message>
        <source>Yes</source>
        <translation>Oui/translation>
    </message>
I will check residuary not translated terms with google translator and include your French localization for CR3.

As for better way to launch CR3 in K4 NT (kite, but it's beta version, I think)
kite application launcher You will see (with kite usage) CR3 as a book in your Kindle's books list.
VladKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #93
VladKi
VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VladKi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

PoP, I have fix French localization for CoolReder 3
put file cr3/data/i18n/French.qm and change language in CR3 settings, press Home for agreed. Reload CR3.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #94
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Here is a corrected localization. I also have completed the "unfinished" ones. Looks much better now:
Attached Files
File Type: zip French3.zip (8.2 KB, 370 views)

Last edited by PoP; 02-01-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: fixed 2 more mistakes PMed to me
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #95
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thumbs up Italian localization

Can you convert my Italian file?

Attached Files
File Type: zip Italiano.zip (4.1 KB, 474 views)
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #96
VladKi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bach68 View Post
Can you convert my Italian file?
Thank you for Italian localization for CoolReader3!
Here is converted file for Italian localization for CR3
(put file cr3/data/i18n/Italian.qm and set Italian language for CoolReader3)
Old 02-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #97
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
VladKi
Repeating my question - any chance porting CoolReader to KTouch?
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #98
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Italian file

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladKi View Post
Thank you for Italian localization for CoolReader3!
Here is converted file for Italian localization for CR3
(put file cr3/data/i18n/Italian.qm and set Italian language for CoolReader3)
Wow!!! Thanks!
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #99
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
VladKi
Repeating my question - any chance porting CoolReader to KTouch?
+1 for me!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #100
VladKi

JustAMan, silver18, sorry but now Kindle 4 Touch is not supported in CR3. I can not say when it would be supported in nearest time.
Now have just begun limited support for Kindle 4 NT. Development of a virtual keyboard in progress ..
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #101
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Updated wish list:

Suggestions that fau just will not do:
Spoiler:
1. In the file browser: remove cycle in the file list.
2. Profiles (settings) and the ability to switch (there are a partial solution in the FAQ)
3. Remove the settings of remapping the keyboard paging, top - forward, lower - back.
4. By turning the screen, rotate, and all the controls, menus, settings, table of contents (partially solved, see FAQ)
Five. Russian TtS (reading out loud)
6. Move status bar down
7. Increase the size of indenting the choice at the edges. Limited number of indentation engine Cool Reader 'a. Available values: -8, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 20, 25, 30, 50, 60, 80, 100, 130
Suggestions that MAY be implemented:
Spoiler:

1. In the file browser: added ability to display the author \ title of the book, rather than the file name (required optional)
2. Search in Russian, by calling the virtual keyboard.
3. Notes
3.1. I would like to be able to read files, notes (if they appear), go to the book.
4. Quotes
5. Working with dictionaries
6. In the file browser: ability to delete \ create and rename \ move folder \ book.
6.1 In the file browser: Key_Right call properties of the selected book, and if implemented, paragraph 6., It can be hung on her menu editing (rename, move, delete, properties)
7. Mode selection screen refresh in Duokan 'e.
8. Make a booklist (playlist). Read more here
9. Following links (not footnotes) in fbKindle, and even better demonstration of the links below the page as footnotes.
10. In the file browser: show the percentage of reading the book.
11. Boot screen with the number CREngine, replace the logo Cool Reader, for example, this or this
12. Auto moving pages
13. "Scroll" long file names in file browser, the content, the list of last opened books, by pointing the cursor on them.
14. Add to Menu Help
15. Make a map of the drop-down list in the menu (choice of font, etc.), an underscore, as in the file browser.
16. In the list of recent books: add a label format (fb2, txt, etc.) Otherwise, when you open the archive, it is not clear what kind of format.
17. In the list of recent books: Add ability to set the font size for titles separately and individually for the rest (or the difference in size). Also be able to disable the fat content for the title.
18. A separate set font properties for the book.
19. If you change the font settings in his sample (Eat more of these soft French buns!) There are artifacts that would be good to update the background around the sample.
20. Maintain information on the book readable without departing from the Cool Reader. For example, when you turn off Kindle slider (at the bottom) or after a certain interval of time (preferably adjustable)
21. In the properties of the document: return to map the time of the book (the current page / total pages), chapter title, the level of charge
22. In the file browser: show the size of the file.
23. In the content, add the line: "Current page xxx of yyy" (as in LBook)
24. Add \ add the following commands in keydefs.ini:
CMD_ZOOM_FONT and CMD_ZOOM_HEADER_FONT - add the ability to stand as a parameter to a specific font size, in addition to ± 1
DCMD_BOOKMARK_SAVE - bookmark
DCMD_BOOKMARK_GO - call the bookmark menu
MCMD_SWITCH_TO_RECENT_BOOK - switch to the previous book (you can easily switch between the two books - great for bilingual reading).
25. Individual settings hotkeys (in keymaps.ini) for the landscape orientation (separately for 90 and -90 degrees)
26. Virtual keyboard (required for K4 NT and desirable to locate on the K3).
27. Analogues launchpad at K4 NT there is no way to turn the program over this, as well as the closing feature, this feature must be added to the menu.
28. Add hinting settings in the options menu of the program.
29. Add a tab "setup sheets" in the setup program, as in recent versions of Cool Reader on your computer.

quoted from the-ebook.org
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #102
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladKi View Post
JustAMan, silver18, sorry but now Kindle 4 Touch is not supported in CR3. I can not say when it would be supported in nearest time.
Now have just begun limited support for Kindle 4 NT. Development of a virtual keyboard in progress ..
No problem, just keep in mind that we KTouch users await CoolReader, too
So when you're done with K4NT please try KT, too
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #103
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I installed coolreader and it´s perfect. But i have a little problem. I cant see the chapter marks in the page header and in mobi archives i cant see table of contents either. How can i solve this? thanks
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #104
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a K4.
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #105
DemonKyo
DemonKyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4NT
I have localized Coolreader into German, but I didn't test it myself yet.
I hope it works
Attached Files
File Type: zip German.zip (4.5 KB, 490 views)
DemonKyo is offline   Reply With Quote