Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
amejr999
amejr999 began at the beginning.

Device: CM7 on Nookcolor
Library books to CM on Nookcolor

Hi all--

I'm new at ereaders, so I'd appreciate any help. I have a Nookcolor that I rooted and installed Cyanogenmod 7 on. I don't have a SD card in the unit.

Basically, I'm trying to download a book from my library (which uses the Overdrive system) and read it on my Nook. The book is labeled as an Adobe PDF ebook, and the file format that downloads is acsm. I'm able to open it in Adobe Digital Editions without any issues. To make Nook appear in ADE, I have to unmount the Nook's internal storage and then turn on USB storage. That seems to work fine, and I'm able to transfer it over from ADE. The file (in PDF format) ends up in \emmc\Digital Editions on the Nook.

From this point, I'm stumped. I can't open the pdf file in Adobe Reader, and trying to open it in Aldiko gives a SD card error. iReader can't seem to open the file either.

I'd appreciate any guidance on how I can start reading!

Thanks.
amejr999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Copy the .acsm to the nook color and I think import the .acsm into aldiko and it will download the book onto the nc via wifi
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
amejr999
amejr999 began at the beginning.

Device: CM7 on Nookcolor
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Copy the .acsm to the nook color and I think import the .acsm into aldiko and it will download the book onto the nc via wifi
No luck-- Aldiko is giving me a SD card error (Please make sure your SD card is present and that your device is not in USB storage mode) whenever I open any file.

Edit-- Just borrowed the SD card from my phone, and now it's working properly. So moral of the story is that Aldiko requires a SD card to work properly.

Last edited by amejr999; 06-13-2011 at 11:02 PM.
amejr999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
So moral of the story is that Aldiko requires a SD card to work properly.
You'll find that a lot of Android apps do.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
alaniskw
alaniskw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
If your NC is an internal root....sd card should be left in.
alaniskw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by amejr999 View Post
No luck-- Aldiko is giving me a SD card error (Please make sure your SD card is present and that your device is not in USB storage mode) whenever I open any file.

Edit-- Just borrowed the SD card from my phone, and now it's working properly. So moral of the story is that Aldiko requires a SD card to work properly.
well at least you got it. An SD card is relatively cheap nowadays
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyanogenmod, library ebooks, nook color, overdrive