Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Anyone seen any flexible eink readers advertised yet?

Just wondering if anyone has seen any information about flexible eink readers since Readius went belly up.

I know they were taken over, and that they are suppose to have some product in the future, but I havent seen any thing in over a year.

I was very interested in the readius at the time, for the flexible screen and portable size. Just not really interested in the phone portion that they were planing on.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
AFAIK the technology isn't anywhere near ready yet. I suspect this is something that won't be out for several years; color epaper has a higher priority.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
primbs
primbs began at the beginning.

Using silk to make flexible screens looks interesting.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...ble_e-devices/
primbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
PolymerVision is actively working on "Readius 2". they also have other project irons in the fire- including recently building the very first 8 bit organic , flexible processor for this project

http://eetimes.eu/en/cpu-dram-ride-o...906083&vID=209

lots of flexible electronic stuff moving forward.http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=41872
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
allw
allw began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook (OI), sony PRS-T1, kobo aura HD, kobo mini
Talking of the readius ....
Is there any news about it ?
I'm still interrested in it ...(sooo long lol)
allw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert