Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
midv
midv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Behaviour like a internet browser

Hi guys,

does anybody know what to set up that Calibre would behave like an internet browser when it download some content from internet?
I would be very grateful for this functionality like in wget: wget -U browser-name.
Thanks for answers.

Best regards
MiDv
midv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It identifies itself as Firefox 3.6. The only way to change this is to modify the source.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm curious, why do you care?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
midv

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm satisfied with Firefox http request
Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
midv

To kovidgoyal: I've bought a VPS and I download some RSS feeds/articles with Calibre once a day before I wake up and send them to my Kindle. And now the reason: I'm from small country in central Europe, the VPS in the USA, and I downloaded it, of course, without advertisements from my country newspaper's servers, not like a common visitor of those websites.
Maybe I'm paranoic, but it's better that prohibited IP address of some IDS or something like that. When Calibre identifies itself like a common browser it's impossible to identify it Of course, I use wait intervals and the script goes every day in another time.
I hope you understand me
BTW: Calibre is cool, I'll donate it
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ah....
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote