Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
LauraLynn
Enthusiast
LauraLynn is on a distinguished road

Device: iPod Touch, Dell Axim X30 & EB1150
Got my new eBookwise and LOVE it!

I got my very first ereader - the eBookwise ETI2 yesterday and am in LOVE!!!

I decided after being on this forum for a short time that I could not wait another minute to get an ereader and although I know it's more expensive in the end, chose to get my unit with Filament book's book club program. I downloaded my first book from their club and love it I've also downloaded several books from here and other free books too.

Thanks to everyone for your free discussions which has helped me make my decision
LauraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLynn View Post

I decided after being on this forum for a short time that I could not wait another minute to get an ereader and although I know it's more expensive in the end, chose to get my unit with Filament book's book club program. I downloaded my first book from their club and love it I've also downloaded several books from here and other free books too.

Thanks to everyone for your free discussions which has helped me make my decision
Glad you are happy with your choice, lauralynn.

Can you download library books with your e-reader?

Just wondering......for future reference.

Please keep us posted on how you enjoy your reader.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:20 AM   #3
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Well done ! I'm in love with my EB too
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
congrats!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! I love my little ereader.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
You'll love it. These things are the best.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
LauraLynn
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone! And no, that's one thing I can't do. Cannot read library books on it. But when I looked and saw the tons of free books available, I decided it wasn't the highest priority.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
the eb1150 is a brilliant device, congratulations ! let us know how the book club goes ; i think it's a reasonable option if they have a lot of books you're interested in. recently there's been talk of different distribution / pricing models, i think there would be interest in subscriptions for other models too, depending on price and selection. it's very convenient for some people.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
LauraLynn
Enthusiast

I'm loving the book club! Read my 2 books for the month in 10 days There are a wide variety of subjects available. I like mysteries - so I am enjoying trying many mystery authors I may not have otherwise tried - including well known ones like Andrew Greeley.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #9
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Glad you are happy with your choice, lauralynn.

Can you download library books with your e-reader?

Just wondering......for future reference.

Please keep us posted on how you enjoy your reader.
Four of my Rocket eBooks came from librarys. Three of them were still loaded with fairly recent novels. Since they are encrypted they can only be read on the reader they came on.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #10
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
I'm loving the book club! Read my 2 books for the month in 10 days There are a wide variety of subjects available. I like mysteries - so I am enjoying trying many mystery authors I may not have otherwise tried - including well known ones like Andrew Greeley.
Poke around the left edge of ebookwise.com and maybe fictionwise.com. There are usually some free books available there. Some are rather odd or obscure but I've found some quite good books there.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Congratulations! I love mine too! And the service is excellent as well!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote