Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #1
renzii
Librarian/Reader/Student
renzii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 6th Gen
From the frying pan...

Into the fire, if it ain't one thing it's another! I swear I feel as though I am the single most inept user on here.
So after resetting my Fire HDX twice, and reloading my Calibre library twice as well, installing the Quality Check plug in and fixing ASIN on the entire collection, (still don't know what that is!), I finally followed Kovid's great advice and used the 64bit version which allowed me to load my books.
But now even though I am seeing all my books showing on device in Calibre and on Windows Explorer, I can't find them when I search the Kindle.
I would be grateful for any ideas as to what I've mucked up this time and how to resolve it. Thanks in advance guys.
renzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzii View Post
Into the fire, if it ain't one thing it's another! I swear I feel as though I am the single most inept user on here.
So after resetting my Fire HDX twice, and reloading my Calibre library twice as well, installing the Quality Check plug in and fixing ASIN on the entire collection, (still don't know what that is!), I finally followed Kovid's great advice and used the 64bit version which allowed me to load my books.
I am not sure what you mean by any of this, or at least, what it has to do with your problem.

Quote:
But now even though I am seeing all my books showing on device in Calibre and on Windows Explorer, I can't find them when I search the Kindle.
I would be grateful for any ideas as to what I've mucked up this time and how to resolve it. Thanks in advance guys.
Where on the Fire HDX are the books stored, what format are they in, and what app (e.g. the builtin Kindle app, Moon+, Mantano, etc...) are you trying to read them with?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote