Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Demo DXG partitions dump

Is anyone interested in having a look at the Demo DXG partitions (to try to figure out the way of flashing it with normal software without the serial cable)?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Is anyone interested in having a look at the Demo DXG partitions (to try to figure out the way of flashing it with normal software without the serial cable)?
I would like a copy of them. PM me a link. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I have a dump of demo K4B main partition, if anyone's interested.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Where did you find Demo K4B? I thought they only made demo models for K4S/K5 and everything which came out afterwards were just dummy devices with paper instead of the e-ink screen.

But I'm sure that if ixtab got his hands on either image he could probably make a hack to allow us to flash retail firmware way easier than it's possible now.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where did you find Demo K4B?
It can be purchased on ebay.
One example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kindle-4-N...item1c2f513222

Quote:
But I'm sure that if ixtab got his hands on either image he could probably make a hack to allow us to flash retail firmware way easier than it's possible now.
I doubt it can be made easier, it's already easy enough. With imx_usb_loader and fastboot it's few minutes and several commands.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
stangri
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
It can be purchased on ebay.
One example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kindle-4-N...item1c2f513222
Oh, awesome, just a sticker on the back now. For the price difference I think I'm happy with my $25 each K4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
I doubt it can be made easier, it's already easy enough. With imx_usb_loader and fastboot it's few minutes and several commands.
Clearly you've never undemoed DXG.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Oh, awesome, just a sticker on the back now. For the price difference I think I'm happy with my $25 each K4.
Sure, the price is insane, I got mine much cheaper.

Quote:
Clearly you've never undemoed DXG.
No, I haven't. I thought we were talking about K4B. I don't get how a demo K4B dump might help to improve undemoing DXG...
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
stangri
Addict

I'll be getting another Demo DXG and taking requests on what to take off it.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
outmyth
outmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dxg
@stangri,
did you dump the partitions of Demo DXG successfully? or any progress no that? I just bought my Demo DXG on ebay, maybe I can give a try if you can tell me how to dump them.
outmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #10
stangri
Addict

Got another demo dxg. Is anyone interested in the file system dump (and of what areas) before I flash it?