Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #16
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
So M92s is the version without touchscreen and M92 is the one with touch?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Here is another picture of new improved Onyx Boox M92
Sorry, it is a little bit too big.
The cover has been improved too

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-18-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
uaaau, man, you already bought it ? How is it, post a review !
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
uaaau, man, you already bought it ? How is it, post a review !
No, this one is still prototype. I just wanted to show you, that the capacitive buttons and IR button are gone and how it looks now. I have ordered my sample a couple of weeks ago and hope I will receive it soon. As soon as I get it I will record a short review about.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
No, this one is still prototype. I just wanted to show you, that the capacitive buttons and IR button are gone and how it looks now. I have ordered my sample a couple of weeks ago and hope I will receive it soon. As soon as I get it I will record a short review about.
I don't understand, what is your prototype, from where do you have it ?
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Booxtor apparently has the contacts to be a betatester for those devices. He showed us and gave prerelease observations about the M90 before, along with the erratic infrared button heavior.

The cover, particulary the stylus-holder is indeed improved. What is still don't understand is, how they couldn't engeneer a place to hold the stylus into the chasis. They did so with a smaller Boox 60 succesfully!? :S

What is the launch date? If it is still November and you didn't get a test model so far, then will there be again any unnoticed FUBARs in the design, like last time? :/
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
What I do not like about the device is that you have to essentially operate it with two hands or am I mistaken?

I find the ergonomics of Kindle DX more appealing.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #23
gr650
gr650 doesn't littergr650 doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
What I do not like about the device is that you have to essentially operate it with two hands or am I mistaken?
For normal reading operations you can use either hand, you don't need both. You can change pages with the bottom button on the left side, or you can use the "trackpoint" on the right side with the right hand.

IMHO the M92 is just a brush-up of the M90, with mechanical instead of capacitive/infrared buttons, more memory and faster CPU, but essentially the same software -- which is probably as buggy as the current one for the M90. From my point of view they're unable to fix the firm-/software and therefore change the hardware (regarding especially the infrared touch-button on the M90). I haven't had any issues with the M90's capacitive buttons on the left side, though, so I don't understand why they uglified the whole device by having mechanical buttons stick out on the M92.
gr650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #24
kamizase
Connoisseur

Any news on the release? December?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #25
JoyfmJonny
JoyfmJonny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs down Onyx M92 or Hanvon E920

I am Chinese. I find in the Chinese website, people are hesitating on choosing Hanvon E920 or coming Onyx M92.

I do not know why here there is no such sub category as Hanvon
JoyfmJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #26
JoyfmJonny
JoyfmJonny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any place to buy in North America

I am also curious to ask: Do you guys know any good retailer to buy these Readers. I am in Canada and not suppose to go back China in the moment.
JoyfmJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #27
kamizase
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfmJonny View Post
Is it sold outside of China at the moment?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #28
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I read some not too positive things from users about their M90, but also some positive ones. So I am hesitant to buy one. Although here in Holland the M90 is sold at a discount it seems: http://www.ebookreaderstore.nl/ereaders/onyx-boox/ and I read the posts of the distributor saying that he posted new firmware on his website. He really seems concerned to help improve things for his customers: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152391&page=2

I will wait a while to find out from users if they like the M92. It is announced to come out the 28th of this month, only 15 days away... and here it says (in Dutch) that Onyx has given the whole software of the M92 an upgrade compared to the M90 and M91S: http://www.ereaderclub.nl/nieuws/vee...r-beschikbaar/

PS:
I like the white button on the right of the M92. That previously black spot looked distracting on the rest of the completely white frame. And the 4 light gray mechanical buttons on the left might make one avoid pressing the previously flat surface capacitive ones by mistake by not feeling them. As was just passing one's finger over the black spot, which will now be avoided by feeling the white button instead.

I would prefer to see the buttons on the left in white too -with light gray numbers- but now I'm just being nit-picky.

Last edited by Lode; 11-18-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #29
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfmJonny View Post
I am Chinese. I find in the Chinese website, people are hesitating on choosing Hanvon E920 or coming Onyx M92.

Since I can read Chinese, could you give me a link to that website?
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #30
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Is there any info on what the firmware update entails? Is it possible now to export annotations/ highlights to computer, for instance?

And, I do wonder about what the return policy is for the US distributor; it is unclear on their website and an amazon review said for m90 that the buyer had to issue a claim to get his refund after return.

I would never get a product that expensive without being completely sure that I can return it after checking what it can do... (I had sent an e-mail to the us website about this but it remained unanswered).
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote