Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Klondike Solitaire

Klondike Solitaire is one of the best looking solitaire apps that I can find in the Market, but I can't seem to access any of its options on the Nook Color interface.

If someone could give it a shot and let me know if you have any success that would be great.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Checking now.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to start a new game, then with SoftKeys you can access the menus.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Aw shoot. I uninstalled softkeys because I got tired of the constant button in the way on the desktop. I'll have to see if I can get it going again somehow.

Thanks, Scion.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant

Yeah, SoftKeys is a must Krypto. Someone said you can get rid of the button on the screen within the app settings. I think they said uncheck "Run Services".

I don't have that version of SoftKeys.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

I'm totally lost as to what this Softkey app does. Can you grab a screenshot of it, or even just a photo so I can see what it looks like or how it acts?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Will do.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Here you go. The icon with the circle arrow thing is how you access the app menu. The tool icon is for SoftKeys settings. The house takes you to your default launcher. I set mine up to take a short press to go to ADW and a long press to go the stock home screen.

Edit: This is version 1.10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-24-5.png
Views:	374
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	63466   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-24-6.png
Views:	390
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	63467   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-24-4.png
Views:	358
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	63468   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-24-3.png
Views:	346
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	63469   Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-24-2.png
Views:	373
Size:	594.6 KB
ID:	63470  

Last edited by SCION; 12-24-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Okay, I'm getting there.

The option in the latest Softkeys app for disabling the service reads:

RUN SERVICE
(currently unchecked = Just Use SoftKeys Launcher)

So, when this service is off, the circle/arrow doesn't show up in Klondike (or anywhere else for that matter, so that's good). How do I evoke the menu if the circle/arrow is not showing? Is there something specific in the settings that I'm looking for?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

I use the "n" button. Does your version allow that? I had to use the Home Switcher app to set my default home launcher as SoftKeys.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #11
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

I got it. Thank you. Attached are (3) screenies of the latest softkey options (the one currently installed with the auto-nooter).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	63471   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	63472   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	63473  
Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Looks good! Wow, they have a version 3.0 already. I'm scared to step out of my comfort zone with this app.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

I ended up setting the "Physical Home Button" (the "n" button on the NC) to:

Single-click = ADW Launcher
Double-click = Softkeys

I was confused when you said that you have your "Home Switcher" app set to boot into Softkeys, but now I see that it just fires up Softkeys and then Softkeys in turn fires up ADW Launcher. So in any app where I don't get a button, I can now double-click the "n" button for Softkeys Access.

Thanks for sticking with me there. A couple days ago I couldn't figure out why anyone would need the Softkeys app, but now I understand. That's a little messy.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #14
SCION
Séduisant

It is, but thank goodness for the guy/gal who put it together!