Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
snowshibe
snowshibe began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 WiFi + 3G
Unhappy Kindle PW3 jailbroken stuck in sleeping

Hi. I need some help please.

My kindle is jailbroken and has KUAL and koreader (or koboreader, I can’t remember the name). It was working well but after a month of no use, I can only see this (the book text with sleeping superimposed) and pressing the power button for a long time doesn’t work.

Any ideas? Thanks 🙏
snowshibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
KaMyKaSii
KaMyKaSii began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 (PQ94WIF)
It probably ran out of battery. Try letting your Kindle charge for a few hours and if it still won't turn on when you press the power button for 10 seconds, try putting your Kindle in the freezer in a sealed bag (to avoid any moisture issues) and leave it for some time before trying to turn on again, this is reported to have worked for several people
KaMyKaSii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
snowshibe
snowshibe began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 3 WiFi + 3G
You were right! I charged it overnight and it came back to life. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMyKaSii View Post
It probably ran out of battery. Try letting your Kindle charge for a few hours and if it still won't turn on when you press the power button for 10 seconds, try putting your Kindle in the freezer in a sealed bag (to avoid any moisture issues) and leave it for some time before trying to turn on again, this is reported to have worked for several people
snowshibe is offline   Reply With Quote