Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #736
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
PB TL2/3

Version: W626.5.14.615
Release: 20160816_060006
Download: sw_20160816_626_W_5.14_615_5.12_CI_gdb_pn_630_user .zip
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 03:40 AM   #737
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks for letting us know, brucelee!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 AM   #738
avetik
avetik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
PB TL2/3

Version: W626.5.14.615
Release: 20160816_060006
Download: sw_20160816_626_W_5.14_615_5.12_CI_gdb_pn_630_user .zip
Brucelee, thanks for the notification.
Could you please explain their naming convention for these files?
What does CI stand for?.. I think R in the file names they use indicates "Russia", and "W" maybe standing for "West", EU and US self explanatory... but what is that CI?..

I live in the US, and use English, Russian and Armenian on PB626. is this update suitable for my location / device?

Thanks
avetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #739
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

As far as I know W stands for World.
I don't know what CI stands for.

You should have all the languages in this version.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #740
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I'm trying to install the newest firmware manually on my TL 2, but all I get is a message in Russian that the device is booting in safe mode.
Automatic update doesn't work yet, it says I've got the newest version.

Edit: You have to keep on/off and both the middle buttons pressed at the same time, then the update starts. The description in the manual was wrong.

Last edited by LucyOne; 08-19-2016 at 10:06 AM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2016, 11:22 PM   #741
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Has anyone installed or been updated OTA to 5.14.615 on the Pocketbook 626? The website lists it as 0.00KB, but a file downloads, and the files are dated 8/16/16.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:10 AM   #742
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
As far as I know W stands for World.
I don't know what CI stands for.
I would guess that it stands for "CIS", i.e. Commonwealth of Independent States. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common...pendent_States
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:45 AM   #743
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can someone on 5.14 verify the following behaviour of the Send-to-Pocketbook service? New documents sent to the email address are received but don't show up as new files on the home screen or in the library.
With more than 100 articles in my SendToPB folder it's impossible to find them unless you know the title.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #744
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Has anyone installed or been updated OTA to 5.14.615 on the Pocketbook 626? The website lists it as 0.00KB, but a file downloads, and the files are dated 8/16/16.
I'm currently using it.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #745
McHunter
Connoisseur
McHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enoughMcHunter will become famous soon enough

Device: PB TL2 /PB TL3 (M) STOLEN/ PB SURFpad 3 (7.85") / thl T11
Question Wrong label for Firmware 5.14 for Touch Lux 2 ???

Hello,

Can anybody confirm if the new Firmware on the Touch Lux 2 Support page is just mislabeld as "Firmware 5.14 PocketBook Touch Lux 3", an not the version for the Touch Lux 3 ???

McHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #746
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Yes, it is mislabelled.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #747
brucelee
Addict

Both devices actually use the same FW. I flashed a TL2 firmware on my TL3 once.

EDIT: They've added a pdf file containing the release notes for FW 5.14:
Quote:
Release Notes

PocketBook Touch Lux 3
FW Version: 5.14
Localization: World Wide

Implemented:
1. Support of new design of authorization web-page of Dropbox service.
2. Sort by file name in “By Folders” grouping in Library app.
3. Performance improvements.
4. Wording improvements.

Fixed:
1. Occasional incorrect book opening date in Library application while sorting by date.
2. Infrequent absences of power-off logo if it used a book cover as a logo.
3. Possible application halting in cases of paging back in some DjVu-formatted books.
4. Some minor bug fixes.

Last edited by brucelee; 08-24-2016 at 03:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #748
brucelee
Addict

New PB626 OTA update.
W626.5.14.670
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160923_142307.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	151854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160923_142329.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	151855  
Old 09-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #749
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Another PB626 OTA update.
W626.5.14.791
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	W626.5.14.791.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	151955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Changelog.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	151956  
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #750
PametnaGlavca
PametnaGlavca began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 650 ultra
I've downloaded new firmware for Pocketbook 650 ultra four hours ago, and it's still updating software on my e-reader. Is that normal ? Thanks !
PametnaGlavca is offline   Reply With Quote