Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #2656
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The Jeff still isn't showing me any love on this

Who's the narrator, so I can add it to the Audiobook thread?

Barbara Caruso.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #2657
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Barbara Caruso.
Thanks - I appreciate it
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #2658
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Black Friday Media Players

Amazon Echo Devices
other Alexa Devices
Google Assistant Devices
  • Goo Home ($129/$79) --> $79= MEI-OD-TAR-WAL --- $80= BB-KOL --- $xx= COS
  • Home Mini ($49/$19) --> $19*= MEI-STP-TAR --- $20*= BB-FM --- $29= WAL
  • Chr Audio ($35/$30) --> $25= OD-STP

Microsoft Cortana Devices
Old 11-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #2659
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

x-posted from the Black Friday thread:

Eufy Genie Smart Speaker w/ Alexa on sale for $19.99 — New lowest price ever

$19.99 -- Eufy Genie

Quote:
The Eufy Genie has just gon on sale for $19.99 for today only. This is the new lowest price that this smart speaker has ever been. You can read my review of the Eufy Genie, but it’s essentially an Amazon Echo Dot clone with nearly all of the same capabilities. My one and only major complaint of the Eufy Genie was that it did not have Echo Spacial Perception (ESP) but I have just discovered that it now does support ESP, so it works well with other Echo devices nearby. The only real issue with the Genie, compared to the Dot, is it doesn’t have access to some of the advanced Alexa features, like calling and messaging. Other than the lower cost, the main advantage of the Eufy Genie over the Echo Dot is that the Genie has a slightly better sounding speaker than the Dot. While I would still recommend the Echo Dot over the Eufy Genie for most people, it’s hard to resist at this price, especially if you’re fine with not having calling capabilities.
Amazon Alexa Devices
  • Echo Dot 2 ($50/$30) --> $30= AMZ-BB-FM-KOL-MEI-STP-TAR --- $40= BJ
  • Eufy Genie ($60/$20) --> $20= AMZ

Google Assistant Devices
  • Home Mini ($49/$19) --> $19*= MEI-STP-TAR --- $20*= BB-FM --- $29= WAL
Old 11-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #2660
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There is a song by Fall Out Boy called "Thnks fr th Mmrs."
It's available on Music Unlimited (still enjoying the three months that came with the new Echo!) and we used to be able to get Alexa to play it by saying "Play Thanks for the Memories by Fall Out Boy."
As of this past week, she can no longer identify the song. If we ask her to play it by citing some of the lyrics, she'll play it and says the title by reading out each letter individually.

Anyone know what might have changed, and/or how to get her to play the song more easily?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #2661
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon restores YouTube access on Echo Show and adds access to Vimeo and Dailymotion

Quote:
A couple of months ago, Google blocked access to YouTube on the Amazon Echo Show because the device’s voice optimised interface violated their terms of use. I never got around to writing about it when it happened because I was busy attending to more important matters. Today, Amazon has restored access to YouTube videos on the Echo Show. While they were at it, they also added access to videos from Vimeo and Dailymotion.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #2662
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Echo now available in (RED) for a limited time

Quote:
Amazon now offers the all-new 2nd generation Echo in a limited edition red color. The new color is part of the Product (RED) campaign which seeks to raise awareness and funds to eliminate HIV/AIDS. The (RED) Echo costs the same as the other Echo colors, but Amazon will donate $10 to the charity for each one sold. It does not appear as though Amazon will be selling a (RED) version of the Echo shell separately. Along with the new (RED) Echo, Amazon is highlighting hundreds of other (RED) products at Amazon.com/red.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #2663
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

x-posted from Audiobook deals

Well, the free Audible rentals for Alexa finally showed up for me today. There are now two selections:

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-21-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #2664
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

duplicate
Old 11-21-2017, 05:16 PM   #2665
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
My Echo 2nd generation arrives tomorrow.

I must admit, I could have lived without it, but I saved some money on another purchase so thought I'd treat myself. The old Echo will go in my study. Four Echo devices (including the two Dots ) and counting

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 11-22-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #2666
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Those of you who've bought the Echo 2, what is the fabric covering like? It looks like a loose weave material that would tend to pull easily if it catches on anything ... like my cats' claws. I'm vaguely considering a Black Friday purchase but will probably talk myself out of it--I'm good at that.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #2667
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I don't think it'll stand up to kitty claws, and it sort of looks like a scratching post.

I hadn't though of that, I guess I'll need to rethink the location of them... le'see, where can I put them where the kitties don't go...
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #2668
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
From looking at the pictures, it looks a LOT like the material they used for the Fire covers in the last round. If so, it's a pretty fine nap, and wouldn't likely be attractive to felines. Of course, it's been a while since I've had actual kittens around here, and Ms. Bootsie is not a risk for scratching anything much any more.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #2669
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks for the info. I decided against the Echo 2 and instead bought another Dot; Amazon is offering a smart plug for $5 with any Echo or Dot purchase, which means I got the smart plug and the Dot for only $35.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #2670
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks for the info. I decided against the Echo 2 and instead bought another Dot; Amazon is offering a smart plug for $5 with any Echo or Dot purchase, which means I got the smart plug and the Dot for only $35.
I was going to get an Echo 2 but then decided against it. Dot + BT speaker works for me.