Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #556
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Thank you very much. I have placed links to your stuff in our wiki. I also built a page for your Word add-in. You are welcome to flush it out if you wish.

Dale
Flesh. Flesh it out. (Bloody autocorrect!) Although, given some of the stuff on the Net, I wish I had a "flush it out" option....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:12 AM   #557
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Various
e-Book Tool kicked out by Word

After two crashes Word 2016 decided to inactivate the e-Book Tool (without my o.k.). I tried to klick it back <on> in the COM-Add-Ins manager but Word refuses to accept (damned programme: would have abandoned the whole Office package if the eBook Tool would run with another text editor ;-)).

But seriously - is there any trick to cheat Word 2016 with respect to the add-in? I currently have no idea what to do. Have Windows 7 running in a virtual box with Linux as host.
kbaerwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #558
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
After two crashes Word 2016 decided to inactivate the e-Book Tool (without my o.k.). I tried to klick it back <on> in the COM-Add-Ins manager but Word refuses to accept (damned programme: would have abandoned the whole Office package if the eBook Tool would run with another text editor ;-)).

But seriously - is there any trick to cheat Word 2016 with respect to the add-in? I currently have no idea what to do. Have Windows 7 running in a virtual box with Linux as host.
It can have a few causes actually. Can you please sent me your log and configuration data in %APPDATA%\Toxaris? That might give a clue. What sometimes helps, is uninstall and reinstall the add-on. That would preserve your settings.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:19 AM   #559
kbaerwald
BioReader
kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'kbaerwald understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Meanwhile I deinstalled and reinstalled the programme twice. After the second de/reinstall I removed the %AppData%\Toxaris directory manually before reinstallation - and alas - this time the new installation showed the e-Book Tools in the Word menue. Funny.

Anyway - thanks for your offer to follow up.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #560
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
Meanwhile I deinstalled and reinstalled the programme twice. After the second de/reinstall I removed the %AppData%\Toxaris directory manually before reinstallation - and alas - this time the new installation showed the e-Book Tools in the Word menue. Funny.

Anyway - thanks for your offer to follow up.
I suspect the configuration file got corrupted then. You perchance did not kept that version safe, have you? I have made precautions to work around corruptions in the configuration, but apparently I did not catch all situations yet.
Advert
Old 09-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #561
kbaerwald
BioReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I suspect the configuration file got corrupted then. You perchance did not kept that version safe, have you? I have made precautions to work around corruptions in the configuration, but apparently I did not catch all situations yet.
Sorry - no: all deleted.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #562
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hello Toxaris,

I am using your ePUBTools 1.25.2 (July 12th – 2016) regulary for some time and came across three problems
1 - strange results with the tool-generated TOC.
Case 1 - Chapterheadings formated as heading2 in docx-file
  • convert to html
  • generate epub - do not select a cover
  • TOC looks good, but is missing the last chapter (Chapter 4)
Case 2 - same docx-file but this time select a cover
The resulting TOC is missing Chapter 1 and Chapter 4

Am I doing something wrong here?

2 - Search and Replace Rules
Since I started already with your Word-Macro, I was used to use Replacerules in doc format. And found I can't edit the rules in the Settings-Dialog.
So I converted the doc to XML and still no joy.
Then I loaded the XML ruleset from your homepage and all is working as expected.
Comparing the two XML files shows for the tool-converted XML:
Code:
  <Rules2>
    <Wildcards>0</Wildcards>
    <Permission>0</Permission>
    <CaseSensitive>0</CaseSensitive>
    <WholeWord>0</WholeWord>
    <Search>^32-^32</Search>
    <Replace>^32^=^32</Replace>
    <Description>Replace space hyphen space by ndash</Description>
  </Rules2>
while the working one shows:
Code:
 <Rules2>
    <Wildcards>False</Wildcards>
    <Permission>False</Permission>
    <CaseSensitive>False</CaseSensitive>
    <WholeWord>False</WholeWord>
    <Search>&lt;</Search>
    <Replace>‹</Replace>
    <Description>&gt; to single</Description>
  </Rules2>
3 - Chapter-Breaks
Preferences set to use Sigil-Split-Marker
Manually inserted [Chbreak] in the text.
Convert to HTML -> generate EPUB
Sigil claims a not well-formed html in the EPUB-file.
flightcrew states: element "hr" is not allowed for contentmodel p
Turns out that the manually inserted ChapterBreak ist translated to
Code:
<p><hr class="sigil_split_marker" /></p>
while the ones (automatically) inserted before headings stand alone.
Code:
<hr class="sigil_split_marker" /><h2 id="TOC_0_3" >Chapter 4</h2>
None of this is a really problem and easily fixed in the workflow, and I'm also aware, that you are in a process of re-writing ePUB-Tools, but thought I let you know.

And let me not forget to thank you for this incredible pice of software!

Sincerely
Mark
Attached Files
File Type: epub demo w_o cover.epub (4.0 KB, 259 views)
File Type: epub demo with cover and chbreak.epub (126.0 KB, 238 views)
File Type: doc Chapter 1.doc (31.5 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by Mark Nord; 10-23-2016 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #563
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
1 - strange results with the tool-generated TOC.
Case 1 - Chapterheadings formated as heading2 in docx-file
  • convert to html
  • generate epub - do not select a cover
  • TOC looks good, but is missing the last chapter (Chapter 4)
Case 2 - same docx-file but this time select a cover
The resulting TOC is missing Chapter 1 and Chapter 4

Am I doing something wrong here?
It sounds correct. I vaguely remembers something about a missing chapter in the TOC, but that was in a previous version. It should work fine of course. Also, the cover being present or not cannot make a difference with regards to the TOC, that is independent of each other.

Quote:
2 - Search and Replace Rules
Since I started already with your Word-Macro, I was used to use Replacerules in doc format. And found I can't edit the rules in the Settings-Dialog.
So I converted the doc to XML and still no joy.
The I loaded the XML ruleset from your homepage and all is working as expected.
Comparing the two XML files shows for the tool-converted XML:
Code:
... snip ...
You are correct, you cannot edit the rules if the document is in the DOC format. Only DOCX and XML can be edited. You say that you converted the doc to XML, is that with the button in the settings? The strange thing is, the exact same conversion process is used to create the internal XML file when a DOCX is used. I will take a look at it, it is clear what the problem is, but not how it is caused.

Quote:
3 - Chapter-Breaks
Preferences set to use Sigil-Split-Marker
Manually inserted [Chbreak] in the text.
Convert to HTML -> generate EPUB
Sigil claims a not well-formed html in the EPUB-file.
flightcrew states: element "hr" is not allowed for contentmodel p
Turns out that the manually inserted ChapterBreak ist translated to
Code:
<p><hr class="sigil_split_marker" /></p>
while the ones inserted before heading stand alone.
Code:
<hr class="sigil_split_marker" /><h2 id="TOC_0_3" >Chapter 4</h2>
Ok, that sounds simple enough to fix...

Quote:
None of this is a really problem and easily fixed in the workflow, and I'm also aware, that you are in a process of re-writing ePUB-Tools, but thought I let you know.

And let me not forget to thank you for this incredible pice of software!
Yes, I am. I hope to have a beta of the library later this week. Then the work will start to incorporate the library into the Tools.

And, you are very welcome!
Old 10-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #564
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Very quick response, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
You say that you converted the doc to XML, is that with the button in the settings?
Yes, that is exactly what I did, at first with my modified replacerules.doc(x), then again with the one downloaded from your site.
In both cases I ended up with a XML file with "0" and "1"

Quote:
it is clear what the problem is, but not how it is caused.
Maybe internal code treats 0 as false and 1 as true?
I took the exception message of the DataGridViewer as hint. (see attachement)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DataGridViewer-Exception.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	152511  
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #565
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Very quick response, thank you.

Yes, that is exactly what I did, at first with my modified replacerules.doc(x), then again with the one downloaded from your site.
In both cases I ended up with a XML file with "0" and "1"

Maybe internal code treats 0 as false and 1 as true?
I took the exception message of the DataGridViewer as hint. (see attachement)
That is exactly what is going on. It will be solved of course!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #566
TDR
TDR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iOS
One change I would like is if the setting for removing bookmarks on HTML conversion would only remove bookmarks, not HTTP links. As it is, I either have to uncheck the option and remove bookmarks myself or check it and add the links later. Thanks.

Ted
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 AM   #567
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR View Post
One change I would like is if the setting for removing bookmarks on HTML conversion would only remove bookmarks, not HTTP links. As it is, I either have to uncheck the option and remove bookmarks myself or check it and add the links later. Thanks.

Ted
If I recall correctly (I am unable to look at the code now), the new conversion routine actually does this by default. It will only remove the internal bookmarks.

That being said, the new conversion routine can also handle a table of contents in a Word document and convert that with working links. I am thinking of a way of creating a separate TOC HTML document with it. That will not be for the initial version of the library though.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #568
oenopion
oenopion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Android
I'm having an issue with the convert to html function. It shows a "file has not been saved yet error, though it was saved before clicking on the tab.
This is the first time I have used it since upgrading to Windows 10, and in Word 2016.
Am I missing a setting somewhere that I should activate, or deactivate?
Thanks. (everything else appears to be working, like postprocess OCR)
oenopion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #569
Toxaris
Wizard

That error does not sound familiar. I can image that error if the file was not saved yet, since the document doesn't have a name.
Before the conversion can begin, the file is saved since the current conversion destroys the document. If the file has not been saved yet, you need to save it. However, it should ask you where to save the file and under which name. Therefore I cannot understand the error. Can you sent me the logfile? It is located in %appdata%\Toxaris.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #570
oenopion
oenopion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Android
Hi Toxaris,
File sent via IM. I just tried it again, and it did do a save to my OneDrive default location. Then that unusual error popped up. Hopefully the log file shows where the error is.
Thanks for taking a look at this.
-O
oenopion is offline   Reply With Quote