Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post

If this works I will also post piccies of a PDF and the brightness.

S
Heh, I seem to have figured it out.

1) a kepub (nickel font) showing both bold and italic
2) a pdf not zoomed in
3) 11% brightness (what I read with at night)
4) 50% brightness
5) 100% brightness

If there is anything else you want to see let me know.

S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_101649.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	501.4 KB
ID:	104693   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_101620.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	104694   Click image for larger version

Name:	11 % Bright.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	531.7 KB
ID:	104695   Click image for larger version

Name:	50% Bright.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	486.1 KB
ID:	104696   Click image for larger version

Name:	100 % Brigh.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	104697  
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #47
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
So no thumbnails in the library list? For me, that's disappointing as they provide a useful visual cue when searching through my library list. This is one of the things I preferred on the Kobo UI over Kindle UI.
I prefer this library list over the one with thumbnails because it allows more of the title to be seen.

S
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #48
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I prefer this library list over the one with thumbnails because it allows more of the title to be seen.

S
I can understand that.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

S
In the library list can one get a thumbail view of the covers instead of the text list?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #50
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the library list can one get a thumbail view of the covers instead of the text list?
Yes you can.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #51
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Nice pics, Mostly Math! Can you show a text page of a side loaded epub?

I like the way the series info is under the title on your epubs....are those sideloaded books?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #52
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In the library list can one get a thumbnail view of the covers instead of the text list?
Various library options
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20130421_144317.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	104698   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_144331.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	104699   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_144338.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	104700   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_144351.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	104701   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_144411.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	504.0 KB
ID:	104702  
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post

I like the way the series info is under the title on your epubs....are those sideloaded books?
Series info is for kepubs.

I will side load a few and take a new piccie of library and text.

S
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Various library options
Nice! How about a view showing a shelf or two in cover view?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #55
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
Yes you can.
Could you clarify this for me? Does the Aura have library views as follows: rows of thumbnails only, list of titles with words only, list of titles with thumbnails (as the Mini, Touch, and Glo have.)

Just went back and saw my question answered. Nice to have all three options.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #56
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
See post #52. Mostly Math has posted some informative pics showing the options.. Thanks MM for the great pics!
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #57
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Fab piccies - I think I am jellous
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #58
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post

1) Library with side loaded epub (from calibre) I notice the series info isn't there
2) side loaded epub purchased from KOBO
3) side loaded epup purchased from AMAZON

S

PS: I'm having fun (and learning how to use my phone) so if anyone else wants any other pictures let me know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20130421_145808.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	104703   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_145930.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	610.0 KB
ID:	104704   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130421_150007.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	555.5 KB
ID:	104705  
Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #59
Borrelia
Borrelia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I agree with the OP that kobo rocks. I once had problems downloading a book. Even at 11pm their chatservice was on line and helped me to solve the problem. At that time, after half an hour of trying different things, he couldn't find a solution to my problem. He sent my case to a collegue, who fixed it next morning. Very friendly customer service and for me, that's one of the most important things. I don't even care their software is buggy from time to time.
Borrelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #60
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
1) Library with side loaded epub (from calibre) I notice the series info isn't there
Calibre can send the series info for sideloaded books if you want. You just need to select the "Set series information" box in the KoboTouch plugin, set metadata management to automatic, and plug the device back in to connect with Calibre a second time after the book has been sent to the device.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote