Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Paperwhite and displayed book covers

Can anyone help me understand how the covers displayed on the Paperwhite come about.

I had a book updated for typos by Amazon the other day - John le Carré's The Honourable Schoolboy. All went well, except the cover has changed from the nice Penguin series B/W picture of a junk to a simple text author and title on a plain background.

I assumed that the cover had been changed, but on the Manage My Kindle pages, and more bizarrely the iPhone app the original Penguin cover displays just fine.

Looking at the book in Calibre the Penguin cover is not there, rather the exact cover that is displayed on the Kindle. However, the same is true of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and yet the Paperwhite shows a picture cover (the recent re-realese with the still from the movie). Other titles in the Penguin Modern Classics le Carré series do have the covers that are displayed on the device.

I am very puzzled as to what is going on! Anyone who understands it would be gratefully welcomed.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote