Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Public Domain Audiobooks

From time to time, I'll post various titles and collections of free public domain audiobooks. The OP will feature several of these at any given time, but all titles featured will be archived in this post for those interested in acquiring them at a later date.

WARNING -- public domain laws vary from country to country and it's up to the person wishing to download these titles to be sure that it's legal for them to do so.
Primary Sources for Public Domain Audiobooks
Secondary Sources for Public Domain Audiobooks

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-03-2014 at 07:13 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #77
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
free valentines day audiobooks at audible - i think you gotta be a member, and may only get one per customer, but i haven't tested that yet.

http://www.audible.com/mt/VDay2013/
No problems getting more than one.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #78
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
free valentines day audiobooks at audible - i think you gotta be a member, and may only get one per customer, but i haven't tested that yet.
Available to non-members (like me) as well. I was able to get them all (except the last one, which at 3 minutes I didn't want).
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #79
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
I was just looking over the opening post to this thread (thanks, TM) and there are a couple of audiobooks from old posts you might want to add from BooksOnBoard.com.

Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury

Map of Bones by James Rollins

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I was just looking over the opening post to this thread (thanks, TM) and there are a couple of audiobooks from old posts you might want to add from BooksOnBoard.com.

Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury

Map of Bones by James Rollins

skinmaan
Thanks; and added to OP
Advert
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #81
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:

http://www.audible.com/mt/VDay2013/
I've got three of them from Germany. And I am not a member.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #82
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMorris View Post
I had a brief mail exchange with Downpour, the upshot of which was that it seems that their tools for detecting which country you're visiting from are not yet up to par, and they know about it.

I agree, friendly enough - but still some teething problems to work through.
Yes, but at least they are trying to help. I even got the free book last week with the help of customer support.

By the way, they now have a deal of the week. This week it's books by Andrea Camilleri for 7.99 $ each:
http://www.downpour.com/catalogsearc...r=release_date
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #83
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
By the way, they now have a deal of the week. This week it's books by Andrea Camilleri for 7.99 $ each:
http://www.downpour.com/catalogsearc...r=release_date
Thanks for the link. I've added it to the OP.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Big 40% off sale at Downpour this weekend
Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #85
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Another $4.95 each Audible sale:

http://www.audible.com/guestauthor/WinWin_Feb2013_ALL

222 books. Ends 2/18/2013 11:59 EST.
Just a reminder this sale ends today in case anyone wanted anything.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #86
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
I've got three of them from Germany. And I am not a member.
I'm a member and it is the 18th so not Valentine any more, but I got three free audiobooks for Valentine's day

edit: http://www.audible.com/mt/VDay2013/

Last edited by desertblues; 02-18-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: link was not copied
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I'm a member and it is the 18th so not Valentine any more, but I got three free audiobooks for Valentine's day
The promo expires Thu 21 Feb
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #88
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I've added a new category -- Appstore Audiobooks -- for appstores like Amazon, Apple, and Google.

First up is from Amazon. Today's free app of the day is Wubbzy's Train Adventure

Details can be found in this thread

This offer is valid today only - Tue 19 Feb
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #89
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Downpour is having a credit sale today only. You can buy up to 6 credits for $11.25 each (instead of $14.99 ea)...

Quote:
Credits apply to downloads only. Limit 6 credits at discounted rate. Credit discount expires February 21, 2013.

The credit thing might be members only, not sure.

I did the membership to get two books for $10, but I'm not sure it I'm going to keep it since I'm already an Audible member and they have a bigger selection and are cheaper.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The credit thing might be members only, not sure.
Thanks; and membership is required.

Also on Downpour is a new Deal of the Week
Quote:
Lincoln is the central axis of this story about America’s seemingly unstoppable march toward war, the shattering of its political landscape, and its grappling with the moral underpinnings of a republic of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Here are such key events as the Mexican-American War, the Dred Scott Case, westward expansion, the rise of the industrial north, the Lincoln-Douglas debates, and the birth of the Republican Party. And here we meet Andrew Jackson, Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, Zachary Taylor, Stephen Douglas, and abolitionists Wendell Phillips, John Brown, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Harriet Beecher Stowe. We see it all through the breathtaking writings of Lincoln himself, detailing his emergence onto the political scene and the evolution of his beliefs about the Union, democracy, slavery, and civil war.

Last week's Deal of the Week on Downpour expires today: