Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Fire OS 5.4.0.1 Update

Yesterday, I updated my Fire 7 (2015) from 5.4.0.0 to 5.4.0.1 with no problems. I then attempted to do the same thing for my son's Fire 7 (2015) and it wouldn't update. Then I tried my Fire HD6 (2014) and it wouldn't update either. Just before posting this, I tried both of them again and still no go. They both remain at 5.4.0.0.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-13-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My 10" Fire is still at 5.4.0.0
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The watched pot doesn't boil. My Fire HD8 2017 updated August 26. It should be available for download on the support pages before too long.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I find strange is that I have two identical tablets; one updates and the other one doesn't.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They may want to let updates go out slowly at first to mitigate risk of regression, and only push it more broadly once they have some of us try it out. If there are some issues that crop up they can stop pushing the update until they have a solution and have limited the 'damage' so to speak. That's probably why it is not yet available for download - they are just trying to make sure.

As to how they determine which devices to push it to of those which are available, who knows? But probably they are looking for a representative sample of the installed base.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I Finally got update Today! Only thing I see different is Name change RECENT became FOR YOU.... They added a song my son wanted 2 Years ago ...ugh delete!

You guys/gals notice anything else new?
Old 09-28-2017, 07:07 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I finally was able to update my son's Fire 7 (2015) on the 25th and my Fire HD6 (2014) on the 26th.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:07 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
They are rolling it out now as my HD8 updated this morning.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Now they put the time at the top of the ebooks I am reading..... REALLY! When I read I want to loose track of the time....Anyway to get rid of it?
Old 10-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Now they put the time at the top of the ebooks I am reading..... REALLY! When I read I want to loose track of the time....Anyway to get rid of it?
Tap the time label and it will turn off. The trickier thing is to know where to tap to turn it on (about an inch to the right from upper left corner). This is a feature they added to the iOS and Android apps a few months ago. I don’t see an explicit option to toggle it (for example in Additional Settings).

Last edited by tomsem; 10-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:32 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Works great! thanks Tomsem