Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 NT, wrong time and page numbers

1. How to setup time on my Kindle?
It shows me GMT or UTC, whatever, but I need +2 hours.

2. My kindle doens't show page numbers, I've found that there is option to show page numbers even on Kindle 3.
What is the problem, book format? Where to define?

3. Is it possible to show percentage in format XX.X%. If book is large XX% percentage is not very helpful .

Thank you.

Last edited by dove_g; 04-06-2012 at 03:10 AM.
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
1. How to setup time on my Kindle?
It shows me GMT or UTC, whatever, but I need +2 hours.

Thank you.
From the main menu, press the menu button, choose settings, flip to the 2nd page of settings, there is an entry for "device time"
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Not all books have page numbers. If the book doesn't have page numbers, they can't be displayed. Simple as that. It takes a separate file to allow the Kindle to display page numbers.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
From the main menu, press the menu button, choose settings, flip to the 2nd page of settings, there is an entry for "device time"

Hm, there is no such option.

On settings on second page I do have:
Device info (no edit/change option)
Dictionaries (edit)
Page Refresh (turn on/off)

My Kindle 4 NT version is: 4.0.1

P.S.
Do I need to register to Amazon to get this feature.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
P.S.
Yes, you do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
daerelibom
daerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheesedaerelibom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Yes ^_^
daerelibom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #7
dove_g

OK thank you,
I just sign up (i'm already registered) and get ads at the bottom of the screen . Yuppi.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
OK thank you,
I just sign up (i'm already registered) and get ads at the bottom of the screen . Yuppi.

Well, yes... That's what happens when you buy/receive a Special Offers Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote