Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Sony Connect Library 2.5 un-install help?

Hi,

after the 2.5 firmware upgrade I have not been able to fully use the Sony Connect Software and it's basically driving me nuts.

I was hoping if I could fully un-install and then re-install maybe I could get it to work again?

Right now I'm only able to use the ebook viewer and anytime I go the library part of the program it crashes.

I've already tried un-installing and re-installing but I'm thinking maybe I missed something on the uninstall the first time I tried???

I'd appreciate any and all help on this,

thanks
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amalthia,

you haven't said whether you're running Windows XP or Vista and that may have some bearing on this.
Have you tried looking in the Ebook devices -> Sony area in the Troubleshooting section (it's here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114): there may be something there that is similar to your problem. There are various solutions there involving admin rights, or the locations of files, or DEP. In particular there's a post from Sony support listing the directories which need to be removed for a complete uninstall - probably useful with your problem:
Quote:
To help correct your issue with the eBooks software please follow the
below steps:

Go to Start>Control Panel and open Add/Remove programs. Find and
uninstall/remove "eBook Library by Sony".

Open My Computer.
Go to Tools>Folder Options.
Click View and select “Show hidden files and folders” and click ok

Please delete the following folders as listed below:

For XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Marlin
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%( i.e. you windows log in name)
\Local Settings\Application Data\kinoma
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application
Data\Sony Corporation
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library

For Vista

C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your Connect Reader software from:
http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html

You might also want to experiment with connecting the reader in
different USB ports.
Good luck,
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrjl View Post
Amalthia,

you haven't said whether you're running Windows XP or Vista and that may have some bearing on this.
Have you tried looking in the Ebook devices -> Sony area in the Troubleshooting section (it's here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114): there may be something there that is similar to your problem. There are various solutions there involving admin rights, or the locations of files, or DEP. In particular there's a post from Sony support listing the directories which need to be removed for a complete uninstall - probably useful with your problem:

Good luck,
bob
Hi bob!

thanks so much for your help.

Next time I'll remember to post my operating system which is XP.

Will give this a shot when I get home tonight.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote