Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Perfect Viewer PDF Plugin

Seems one of the problems is that the review I read did not mention PF needs a plugin.
Where do I find this without having to yet sign up, click around a million pages so that some twit somewhere can score some coin from every page that loads a million ads and never get to a download.

WHY does Google not even allow you to use their market regardless of the device.
Apple was criticized for being closed but come on you can not even get in the market with the approved device..... Didn't a few counties fall for that kind of attitude
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
You can get it straight from the dev's site:

http://sites.google.com/site/rookiestudio/
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
You can also check out Repligo pdf viewer which has all the pieces in one package ready to go. Each works about the same way from what I can see. Not free, however.

Here's a link: http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...eader_upf.html

I had inadvertently claimed this was a free app because it is so widely available on the net as a free download I had no idea it was commercial software.

Perfect Viewer, with the plugin, performs just fine and IS free.

Last edited by SensualPoet; 11-22-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Updated Repligo to developer link
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Incidentally, the above link is piracy, as the software costs $3.49 on the Android Market... and, if I remember it correctly, every time I've mentioned PerfectViewer, or it's been posted about here for PDF use, I've noted it has a plugin which enables the PDF functionality.

Edit : pirate link removed. I suggest people check out market.android.com to see what the prices and permissions for an app are, to determine if a link is legit.

Last edited by Haesslich; 11-23-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
yawar
yawar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Hi, you can also download the Adobe Reader app for Android, straight from the Adobe website, and transfer to and install on the Vox. It's working pretty well for me.
yawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

I eventually found the Dev's site and downloaded the plugin and the latest ver.
Yawar I almost got Adobe reader but it seemed the file size was larger, can't remember the numbers now. You like how it handles the pages?
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
The official Adobe Reaser is as slow as molasses, doesn't do bookmarks or search well on my phone. Whic has a faster CPU than the Vox. Not recommended.

You're better off buying Repligo, ezPDF Reader Lite, or sticking with Perfect Viewer, which loads faster. And does picture files too. They don't do mobile apps well (yes, even their PS app for iOS and now Android is kinda crappy)... which is why I was not surprised at Flash's fate.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Mantano is very useful because you can annotate.
As for speed, the outstanding result is Documents to Go (only the paid version, though - it was free on the Amazon Appstore a few days ago).
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #9
yawar
yawar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
You mean the .apk download was larger? I didn't notice, I just downloaded to my laptop, transferred to Vox over USB and installed using Astro. It works fine, renders pages beautifully, performance is snappy(-ish). No bookmarks of course so you can't exactly use it as a reading app; but for me it gets the job done.
yawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
SoulTrain
SoulTrain began at the beginning.

Does anyone know how to get Repligo on my Vox in Canada? Can't use Android App Market (not supported on Vox), and can't use Amazon App Store (won't sell to me in Canada). I'd like to know a legitimate location where I can get it.
SoulTrain is offline   Reply With Quote