Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
mellon
Edge User

[Fixed by Restore] Home button no longer working, slide lock bar gone

Running the beta for a week or so and everything was ok, until this morning.

Starting up the EE brought me straight to the home screen. No slide bar lock. Where has it gone? I could open the mains screen and started to look from setting or so? Nothing found.

The next issue. Trying to go Home from settings via the Home button did not work. The button does deactivate a screen lock like the menu button, but it does not take me Home.

Also strange?. When I select under Settings > Display > Reader Default Wallpaper then I see the wall paper with 4 books on the e-ink site but with the word initializing in the middle. The reader is working, so it does not worry me much.

I do not miss the slide lock bar, but ...

Any ideas on how to get the Home button working again?

Mellon

Last edited by mellon; 04-18-2011 at 05:24 AM.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
sjarrel
Edge User

Maybe you can try this: shut down the eDGe, pull out the battery, put the battery in again and restart. It often helps, hope it does for you too.

Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
mellon
Edge User

Tried that already. Did not work; not expected it too.

It must have been something deeper in the system. I decided to go the Golden route; back to Dingo, register, switch internal storage to SD card (keeping existing library) and then applied Ermine update. Re-installed some apps and add Opera 11 for Android. Everything is back to normal. I will stay away from clearing some system storage settings, because I suspect that may have caused the issue.

By the way. Using Daily Newspaper and trying to open some of the major Dutch newspapers only Opera opens them correctly. Dolphin and the default browser try to open them and then crash. Keying the url direct in Dolphin works. Perhaps some of the browsers crash when they are called from a link? As long as Opera is doing OK I'm happy. No need to have too many browsers.

Mellon