Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #22966
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Found out I will have to have another root canal [fracture in a molar underneath an old filling] next week - so my cup will be filled with lots of alcoholic beverages - for both the pain & the fear - going in Wednesday to the endodonist for an evaluation - see if the tooth can be saved or not. Think I'll splurge on some Lagavulin this weekend - for medicinal purposes of course!

Sigh ... I hate teeth! Most of my fillings are now older than many MR members!
I have had a lot of root canal x8 ( also 2x surgery) and it sucks, really. What helped me through the day, was to take painmedication before the dentist even looked at my teeth. and immediately afterwards.

Excuse: cold coffee in my cup......
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #22967
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I have had a lot of root canal x8 ( also 2x surgery) and it sucks, really. What helped me through the day, was to take painmedication before the dentist even looked at my teeth. and immediately afterwards..
That's MY trick!! Self-medicate! Massive pain killers before and after any medical/dental procedure that could even create discomfort, to say nothing of pain!

Being a wuss, and to be on the safe side, I take a painkiller before cutting my hair.

Time for a big glass of Lemon Juice! If I add just a teaspoon of tequila, the smell convinces me that I'm drinking a Margarita!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #22968
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That's MY trick!! Self-medicate! Massive pain killers before and after any medical/dental procedure that could even create discomfort, to say nothing of pain!

Stitchawl
yes, I had so much tooth ache before I went to the dentist, that I just couldn't bear the thought of him causing me extra pain.

O, and congrats on your narrow escape!

Excuse again: coffee is still cold in my cup......
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #22969
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There is a growing movement in the US to treat texting while driving like drunk driving. People are getting annoyed that people who kill others while texting while driving are getting light jail sentences and some are not going to jail at all.

Second cup of rooibos lemon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #22970
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Iced water in my cup. Well, 1/4 left, anyway.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #22971
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
O, and congrats on your narrow escape!
Thanks! Narrow escapes are pretty much a weekly event for people who ride every day, but this one was really a stupid one that never should have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
There is a growing movement in the US to treat texting while driving like drunk driving. People are getting annoyed that people who kill others while texting while driving are getting light jail sentences and some are not going to jail at all.
I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but so many people here are walking while staring into their phones, or texting while walking across streets, etc., that more and more people are bumping into each other! Walking down the street is like an amusement park bumper car ride!

I'm going to pour just a little more lemon juice (for the vit C) and go to bed! Nite'all!

Stitchawl
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #22972
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
On my way to get some "medicinal" Lagavulin ... and a large bottle of ibuprofen .... sigh ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #22973
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but so many people here are walking while staring into their phones, or texting while walking across streets, etc., that more and more people are bumping into each other! Walking down the street is like an amusement park bumper car ride!
Stitchawl
Before the era of the smart phones and such, it was evident that a person 'talking to him/herself' was disturbed/mentally confused. But now they're chattering away when riding a bike, texting and what not.

I live near a very busy cross road, where tons of schoolchildren from our town and the villages nearby must cross. They seem to get younger every year and not every one of the older folks remembers how it was to fool around on a bike and swerve over the road like a 'drunken chipmunk'.

In my cup: cold lemon Rooibos
Old 01-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #22974
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
My first cup of Genmai cha. I like it!
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #22975
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It is a good tea
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #22976
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
coffee in my cup plus cheese and apple slices on my plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #22977
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Pretty woman, walking down the street
Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet
Pretty woman
I don't believe you, you're not the truth
No one could look as good as you
Mercy

Pretty woman, won't you pardon me
Pretty woman, I couldn't help see
Pretty woman
That you look lovely as can be
Are you lonely just like me

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZtG1FN6Qyk )

Good morning, everyone! Sunday mornings may well be the very best! Looks like it's going to be an enjoyable day... Sun's shinning, not too cold, no wind... think we'll take a little ride just to recharge the batteries. Should help the bike's battery too...

Breakfast first... Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea, Spanish Serrano ham, a few Spanish olives, and some rice instead of Magdalenas just to keep it under 300 calories. One Magdalenas would be about 400 calories all by itself! I've been listening to Flamenco and classical Spanish music played by Paco De Lucia and THIS lady! and they've gotten me in a Spanish mood!
Ole! I almost feel like watching 'For Whom the Bells Toll' but I'll save that for tonight. Better to go for a ride first!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #22978
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have my "medicinal" Lagavulin at hand! [Damn tooth!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #22979
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Good afternoon, everyone! How have you been?

@ dreams: your profile picts are lovely!
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #22980
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I have my "medicinal" Lagavulin at hand! [Damn tooth!]
Well, enjoy the Lagavulin, even if you don't enjoy the tooth! Hard to do, I know, when it starts being the only thing you can think of.

Today has been a laid back day. Lots of tea -- started with Pride of the Port, two steepings worth, then some more of that Imperial Keemun, and finished off this afternoon with Okayti Estate First Flush Darjeeling. All while watching curling! This week is the "Ryder Cup" of curling, and going into the final day of the match the North Americans are up by 9 points (>30 to win). Tomorrow is all Skins, with a total of 30 points on the line. Starts with Mixed Doubles, then Women's games, and finishes with the Men's games. Tomorrow is going to be more goofing off, though I'll try to take a walk at lunch time if the rain holds off.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?