Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
What is your favorite case for the Kobo Mini?

I think one of the biggest letdowns for the Kobo Mini is the lack of options for cases. I've had to get crafty with my sewing machine (I have hardly ever done any sewing!) and thanks to a scrap of material I had around, plus an old piece of crafting felt (for a nice soft inside) have come up with my own customized pouch (pics attached of my first "prototype" which has been in constant use for my Mini so far). Not bad for a first attempt I think!

I'm still keeping my eyes open for a deal on the official Kobo Mini sleepcover in grey fabric... but aside from that, any other options I've looked at add too much bulk, or just don't look very good. I will probably end up sticking with my fabric pouch idea; next time in a much more funky modern fabric.

I know some people on the forum mentioned using oversize GPS cases, etc, but that just won't work for me. Has anyone had any luck finding any other options?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	106737   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	106738  
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
I'm still keeping my eyes open for a deal on the official Kobo Mini sleepcover in grey fabric... but aside from that, any other options I've looked at add too much bulk, or just don't look very good. I will probably end up sticking with my fabric pouch idea; next time in a much more funky modern fabric.
I like grey sleepcover a lot... but it doesn't close, so a I close it with a small hair band.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I like grey sleepcover a lot... but it doesn't close, so a I close it with a small hair band.
Ah, that is good feedback Terisa, thank you! I didn't even think about that potential issue.

Last edited by teija; 06-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's important if you carry it around in a bag or something like that.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
That's a very good job teija!
Regarding the grey sleepcover, I'm using it and it's nice (a good way to keep things away from the screen). However, mine starts to show some wear and tear, nothing bad for now.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
teija
Gadget fiend

Felt like having a bit of colour, so am using the original cover I whipped up with just two pieces of felt in one of my favorite combos: Purple and turquoise... it probably won't protect much or hold together for too long (doesn't feel very thick or hard-wearing in comparison to the one made with cotton fabric) but it's fun for the summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboMini_felt.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	107163  
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I'll be picking up my kobo mini tomorrow so I'm thinking about cases and accesories. I hope there is something nice.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
http://www.skindigitalstore.com/kobo-mini/

Some covers from Skindigital
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The official covers were so underwhelming. I got the black sleep cover because they had a special offer to get it half price if you bought it with the mini. I'll have to get something from eBay or amazon.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
The official covers were so underwhelming. I got the black sleep cover because they had a special offer to get it half price if you bought it with the mini. I'll have to get something from eBay or amazon.
I agree. I got a pretty nice navitech cover on Amazon for $4.99. Kind of thick, but it works well and adds a lot of protection.

This is the one I got. Though I'd prefer a smooth leather type cover, I loved the price. There is a brown one, too.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
shanghaichica
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I agree. I got a pretty nice navitech cover on Amazon for $4.99. Kind of thick, but it works well and adds a lot of protection.

This is the one I got. Though I'd prefer a smooth leather type cover, I loved the price. There is a brown one, too.
Thats nice. Hopefully they have something similar on amazon.co.uk

On another note im quite taken with the mini so far. I think ill get on with it a lot better than i did with the glo last year.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
shanghaichica
Guru

I went for this one from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
The dimensions of the mini are very close to the Sony PRS-350, so it might be worth checking out covers and sleeves designed for it.

Sony PRS-350
104 x 145 x 8 mm

Kobo Mini
102 x 133 x 10 mm
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Not really, they're going to be big. I've checked.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
teija
Gadget fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Very cute!

I had also been eyeing the Khaki/green one that booklover6 got but didn't bring myself to buy it. I tried a case from my local FutureShop in a lovely turquoise colour, but didn't like the extra bulk it added (it was at least a couple of cms larger around each side).