Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 02:03 AM   #32851
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here, doctors normally prescribe for 6 repeats of 28/30 days, by law the pharmacists only let you have 28/30 days supply, so you have to get a replenishment roughly once a month --- unless you're taking a long vacation.

There's a scheme here known as 'Webster packs'. The pharmacist repackages your meds into 4 (morning, noon, evening, bed) x 28 day blister packs - the blisters can hold several pills. Mainly intended for people who are forgetful and/or take many meds.

My pharmacists is pretty good too, she will home deliver if you're unwell. The number of pharmacies used to be tightly controlled, but that was scrapped quite a few years ago. So, there's plenty of competition, more pharmacies than pubs these days -- in the cities at least, probably not in the bush

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #32852
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you take several medications a day for a chronic condition as I do, it would make sense to have them all the same - IMO 28 days (4 weeks) would be best.

Two of the drugs, of which I take one pill a day, come from the same manufacturer, one them comes in strips of 7x2 pills the other one 3x5. My doctor changed my beta-blocker a while back, the old one was 28 pills the new one is 30 pills per packet. Doesn't make any sense to me.

BR
I take several (5) meds for chronic conditions, all of which I purchase by mail order from my HMO's online pharmacy. I just order a three month supply of the whole bag when one of them gets low, usually when I have ~a week's worth left.

This usually results in the same one being the indicator, but occasionally my Doc(s) will change my script and it'll take a couple of months for the schedule to settle out again.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #32853
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Well, that was an exciting night.

My father got a new PC today, which is great, since the old one was almost 10 years old and very borked. I had promised to help copy his email profile. Everything went rather smoothly until internet stopped working. Whilst working on that problem my mother received an email from a webshop to verify it. So I suspect someone hacked it or tried to (or my mother did something, a fair chance of that). I couldn't reset her password on her tablet, eventually I did it on mine, but after so many attempts the account was blocked.

I didn't have the energy to continue and told her to keep an eye on her credit card and to reset the password of her email (which made her panic, but I'm not going to do that). Meanwhile I also figured out why my dad's PC didn't have internet; it came pre-installed with a virus scan, the only pre-installed software, and her had just installed his own preferred virus scan. That caused internet access to be blocked. Easily solved by uninstalling the pre-installed one.

Add to that that it's my first full day on my period and I'm getting a cold. So right now I'm both cranky and tired.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:25 PM   #32854
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
It's a pen. Just a lousy pen. If it's so darned important to you don't let it out of your possession. Instead we're treated to hours of accusations and whining about how it's gone missing. I can't unhear that whiny tantrum.

My resolve to not engage the idiot was sorely tested today.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #32855
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered a computer/gaming chair from Amazon last week for my son's birthday. Amazon and UPS said it would be delivered on Monday (yesterday) but when I arrived home from work on Friday I was pleasantly surprised to find it was already there.

Fast Forward ->

This morning (Tuesday) I got a notification on my Amazon Shopping App saying "We're sorry your package is late."

What's up with that? Did they double ship? Am I going to have to go through the hassle of sending one back? I really don't want or have room for a second one! Will I get charged for two? ARRRAAAAGH!
Old 03-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #32856
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
IFF you get two, contact them. They often say "just keep it", though perhaps not, with a costlier item. But you might find you have two chairs for the price of one!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:40 PM   #32857
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
IFF you get two, contact them. They often say "just keep it", though perhaps not, with a costlier item. But you might find you have two chairs for the price of one!
Wanna buy a chair?
Old 03-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #32858
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
Damn idk anymore how to work on my anxiety, depression, insecurities and annoying overthinking problems. I'm trying to keep my damn self busy to not even have time to think bs. But it's not working at all. The thing that mostly worries me is how I'm might be making my relationship poinsoned. My gf always make sure that nothing is being "damaged" and she also supports me, she is my rock. Unfortunately I always have this insecurity.
I dream about having a son, my fear is that he will be like me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #32859
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
This morning (Tuesday) I got a notification on my Amazon Shopping App saying "We're sorry your package is late."

What's up with that? Did they double ship?
I've had the same thing happen a couple of times. I've never gotten two of the item in question.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #32860
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
An entire category dedicated to "Allons y" and not a single Doctor Who/David Tennant question.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #32861
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
An entire category dedicated to "Allons y" and not a single Doctor Who/David Tennant question.
Jeopardy continues to sink in quality ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:59 AM   #32862
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What? That is impossible, what kind of other questions are there?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:12 AM   #32863
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
What? That is impossible, what kind of other questions are there?
You guys slay me. Jeopardy AND Doctor Who nerds.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #32864
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Hitch
A deadly combination!
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #32865
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Hitch
And your point is?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness