Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2023, 05:50 PM   #1
lctapps
lctapps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (k3w)
Exclamation (some) KUAL applications do not launch after importing.

Hello,
I have just gotten into Kindle jailbreaking and jailbroke my Kindle Keyboard last night. Installed dev certs, kual, and a few kual extensions. Extensions like kindleexplorer, rdesktop, and skipstone fail to launch and send me back to the kindle home menu.

Might I be missing a kindle patch?

Additionally, does KUAL create logs or crash reports I can attach for you guys to analyze?

Thanks,
- lctapps
lctapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's quite likely as simple as you trying stuff targeting FW 5.x.

But, yes, check /tmp/KUAL.log as well as the syslog (showlog, or, better yet, showlog -f in an USBNet session while you break stuff).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2023, 12:46 AM   #3
lctapps

How do I access the directory? Do I have to use ssh?
Old 11-09-2023, 06:46 AM   #4
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Yes, use usbnetwork
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 05:27 PM   #5
lctapps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's quite likely as simple as you trying stuff targeting FW 5.x.

But, yes, check /tmp/KUAL.log as well as the syslog (showlog, or, better yet, showlog -f in an USBNet session while you break stuff).
Tried launching rdesktop via KUAL, and this is the error it spits out in the log:

Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/rdesktop/bin/rdesktop: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I am missing the shared library. Is there a practical fix?
Advert
Old 11-10-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Using a binary targeting your system, yeah .

(That's a janky OpenSSL version, and I'm not familiar with how this one was built (or if it was actually built and not just pulled from somewhere)).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k3w, kindle, kual, kual broken, kual extension