Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
possible useful tip for writers

Thumbnail synopsis; use a text to speech thing and listen to it, even while doing other things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/writing/com...ofing_my_work/
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Thumbnail synopsis; use a text to speech thing and listen to it, even while doing other things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/writing/com...ofing_my_work/
Yes, I do the first part of this (have the computer read to me) - although I don't attempt to proofread while doing other things. The computer reads what's actually there, where my eyes seem to read what they think should be there and so miss many errors. Also my ears hear things that my eyes don't see (sentences that seem awkward or to drag on, where flow seems choppy or droning), and this is the sort of stuff that is hard to get any other way.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2019, 02:30 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've read the advice to 'read the text aloud' to see how it flows so I can see how text to speech might be a new twist on that idea.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote