Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
Koboy22
Koboy22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 1
Exclamation Bricked Aura H2O, does anybody have an image file?

Hello friends!
My Kobo Aura H2O (1st edition) ran out of battery during an update (stupid I know). The device is stuck on a white screen, and my PC doesnt recognise it. I have already gotten the SD card out. Can anybody give me an image file so i can reinstall the OS? I absolutely love my Kobo to bits, and would love to use it again.

Any other help is appreciated as well

Last edited by Koboy22; 03-27-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Koboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboy22 View Post
Hello friends!
My Kobo Aura H2O (1st edition) ran out of battery during an update (stupid I know). The device is stuck on a white screen, and my PC doesnt recognise it. I have already gotten the SD card out. Can anybody give me an image file so i can reinstall the OS? I absolutely love my Kobo to bits, and would love to use it again.

Any other help is appreciated as well
Did you try doing a factory reset before dissasembling your H2O? The recovery partition should not have been affected by a failed firmware update. See Resetting your Kobo Glo HD or Kobo Aura H2O for the procedure.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
Koboy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did you try doing a factory reset before dissasembling your H2O? The recovery partition should not have been affected by a failed firmware update. See Resetting your Kobo Glo HD or Kobo Aura H2O for the procedure.

Yeah I tried a manual reset, the screen flickered but after that it returned to white.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
Hixx
Hixx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hello all,
My KOBO Aura H2O 1. Edition crashed. Resetting doesnt workCan anyone send me an factory image for reinstall?
Thanks
Hixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 03:06 PM   #6
Koboy22

I just wanted to say, this community is great. People are so friendly here, it really is something special. David and DNSB, thank you for helping me out, you rock!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:07 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Hixx: PM sent.

And to anyone finding this thread, please posts requests for images in the dedicated thread in the Developers sub-forum. There is a thread for each device for the requests. Keeping the requests in a single place makes it a lot easier to track.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:05 AM   #8
Hixx
Hixx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm very happy, it works
Thanks a lot
Hixx is offline   Reply With Quote