Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
KO2 Leather Case

Now I’ve got my Oasis, I have to say I’m not terribly impressed with the leather case. The magnet attaching it to the Kindle is far too weak. Half the time, when I open the case, it comes off the device.

It’s OK for providing protection when you’re carrying the Oasis, but hopeless for reading with. I wonder if that’s the aim - that you take it off when you read?

I’ll keep it, because it does protect the device when I’m carrying it around, but I’m really not impressed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm the same. I like the feel of it, and the stand feature has potential, but the magnets should have been the same strength as the Voyage cover. Nothing else around at the moment, more the pity.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 06:14 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm the same. I like the feel of it, and the stand feature has potential, but the magnets should have been the same strength as the Voyage cover. Nothing else around at the moment, more the pity.
That is my only complaint too, the rather weak magnets. I very much like everything else about the cover.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:18 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So do I. I like it a lot, other than the magnet issue.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Now I’ve got my Oasis, I have to say I’m not terribly impressed with the leather case. The magnet attaching it to the Kindle is far too weak. Half the time, when I open the case, it comes off the device.

It’s OK for providing protection when you’re carrying the Oasis, but hopeless for reading with. I wonder if that’s the aim - that you take it off when you read?

I’ll keep it, because it does protect the device when I’m carrying it around, but I’m really not impressed.
Yes, that would be my one criticism, the magnets seem too weak.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
In the past I have always housed my kindles in their original covers but the Oasis is very different and I find, while at home, I prefer reading with the cover off. When not reading or out and about I will keep the cover attached.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #7
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I'm a little disappointed with it. I think I'll mainly use it for protection when carrying it around but I can see me taking it off to read with. I don't feel like I get the benefit of the one-handed design with the cover on.

Also whilst I like the idea of turning it into a stand that seems like one of those things I think I'll use but never will.

TBH I did dither over buying it but my logic was if you're ever going to buy a relatively expensive accessory the time to do it is when you buy the gadget itself then the cost becomes part of the whole psychologically.

At least it's better than the Kobo Aura HD cover. The Aura HD also had an interesting shape which was pleasant to hold and which the case nullified (when you folded the front cover over the back) but that snapped into to place so to remove it and replace it was annoying.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I did dither over buying it but my logic was if you're ever going to buy a relatively expensive accessory the time to do it is when you buy the gadget itself then the cost becomes part of the whole psychologically.
I've learned through expensive and painful costs that it's worth buying an official cover on day one. Yes I will get a third party case, more for holidays than anything else, once they become available, but if I don't have an "official cover" I'm forever buying covers looking for the ultimate one.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I've learned through expensive and painful costs that it's worth buying an official cover on day one. Yes I will get a third party case, more for holidays than anything else, once they become available, but if I don't have an "official cover" I'm forever buying covers looking for the ultimate one.
How many Voyage covers did you buy in total?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #10
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

On the other hand, a naked Oasis is not suitable for reading resting on a table or desk, which is over 90% of my reading. My waterproof cover is not due for a week. I wonder whether there is any hope of it being any better.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #11
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Thanks for the heads-up on the cover. I do want a KO2 case that opens like a book, but I can't have a book with a cover always falling off.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Thanks for the heads-up on the cover. I do want a KO2 case that opens like a book, but I can't have a book with a cover always falling off.
I would like a cover that opens like the KV origami cover and do not understand the overwhelming desire for a cover that "opens like a book". If nothing else, "open like a book" increases width, which reduces the number of pockets it will fit.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 PM   #13
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
I two KO2s with two different leather covers (tan and merlot). I can't get either to disengage by shaking, etc. They make a strong connection. Could some be defective?
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #14
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I would like a cover that opens like the KV origami cover and do not understand the overwhelming desire for a cover that "opens like a book". If nothing else, "open like a book" increases width, which reduces the number of pockets it will fit.
Well, "like a book" is kind of the point of a Kindle...

My beloved Kindle Touch has a side-flap cover and fits fine in the front pocket of my office pants. I don't expect the KO2, with its greater width, to fit in any pockets, but I don't do it very often anyway. If you want a pocket-fitting device, you'll probably be better off with Paperwhite and Voyage.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #15
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I two KO2s with two different leather covers (tan and merlot). I can't get either to disengage by shaking, etc. They make a strong connection. Could some be defective?
Same here. I got a merlot and if it is put on aligned right it is very solid. If it is not it comes right off. I am very happy with the look and feel but am concerned about the exposed portion on the back. I wonder if there are any covers coming out that deal with that.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote