Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-18-2016, 11:59 PM   #1
rahvee
rahvee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Help! Uploaded document to kindle paperwhite, doesn't appear in kindle home

I converted a book to mobi. I connected kindle paperwhite to computer via USB, and Calibre recognized the device was connected. I clicked Send To Device, and I even browsed the kindle filesystem. I see the book present in the kindle, along with my other books that were sent to the device directly by amazon.

Still, my converted book doesn't appear in the kindle library home screen. Am I doing something wrong?

I tried deleting it and using azw instead. No difference.
rahvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahvee View Post
I converted a book to mobi. I connected kindle paperwhite to computer via USB, and Calibre recognized the device was connected. I clicked Send To Device, and I even browsed the kindle filesystem. I see the book present in the kindle, along with my other books that were sent to the device directly by amazon.

Still, my converted book doesn't appear in the kindle library home screen. Am I doing something wrong?

I tried deleting it and using azw instead. No difference.
Check this thread and see if it helps. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=271860

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
rahvee
rahvee began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Yes, the problem was clicking "All" versus "Downloaded."
I had previously double-checked to make sure I clicked "All" because you would expect it to contain ... y'know ... all. But that's not how it works.

All does NOT contain all. I had to click Downloaded, and then I could see the stuff I uploaded into the kindle via USB.

Amazon apparently doesn't hire any User Experience designers, cuz, that is the exact opposite of how it should be.

But anyway. Problem solved. Thank you.
rahvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahvee View Post
Amazon apparently doesn't hire any User Experience designers, cuz, that is the exact opposite of how it should be.
And in that they're certainly not Robinson Crusoe

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle paperwhite