Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #16
pmbroth
pmbroth began at the beginning.

Device: entourage ee and pe
Hello Fekher
You say to change all of them - all of them being what? What directories and what files should I change? Thank you in advance,
pmbroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
for me, changing /dev/graphics/fb2 to r+w for root, graphics and others seems to do the job,
that is also what is said in this post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153653
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #18
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
It worked for me when following fekhner's advice. Can page turn be assigned to E-Ink side page turn buttons?
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

good question, it should be possible in principle, especially since it has been done in javese's version of fbreader for e-ink on the PE
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=154024
(and the sources are accessible on github, https://github.com/javese/FBReaderJ )

another comment, I have to change permissions after each reboot since the systems puts them back to the original ones ...
Old 03-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #20
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
another comment, I have to change permissions after each reboot since the systems puts them back to the original ones ...
That's bad. Can it be somehow automated before sunlifeng releases an update?
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
That's bad. Can it be somehow automated before sunlifeng releases an update?
Here is post describing how to automate fixing fb permissions at boot time
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
sunlifeng
Enthusiast
sunlifeng doesn't littersunlifeng doesn't litter

Device: Kindle touch,EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
Here is post describing how to automate fixing fb permissions at boot time

I try get root permissions in program but it still fail to write.
Thanks for your contribute

Last edited by sunlifeng; 03-12-2012 at 08:03 AM.
sunlifeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #23
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlifeng View Post
Works on my EE Ermine rooted. There should be many bugs .It's just a test for writing eink on EE .

Update
fix the turning page error

I tried to build orion viewer but the source from google code not complete .

Vudriod did work but it was render screen partly so the speed is unacceptable.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CoolReader.zip (3.08 MB, 191 views)

Last edited by sunlifeng; 03-12-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
fekhner
Addict

Hi vldmr,

Thanks for your help. I am also not quite able to get it to work, probably I am misunderstanding the instructions, which I interpreted as a way to include the changed permissions in the updated firmware. Since I could not find update.sh, what I did was copy the line
/system/esi/bin/eink_permissions.sh \&
to the end of
/system/esi/bin/start_epd.sh
and add the file
/system/esi/bin/eink_permissions.sh
with the content you have described. But that is probably not quite the way to go ?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
fekhner
Addict

Hi sunlifeng,

Page turning works great now (from the lcd side), thanks a lot! Concerning orion viewer, I am quite hopeful due to the other thread ... could you explain what is the difference between the settings in your port and the ones for the PE's ?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #26
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi sunlifeng,

Page turning works great now (from the lcd side), thanks a lot! Concerning orion viewer, I am quite hopeful due to the other thread ... could you explain what is the difference between the settings in your port and the ones for the PE's ?
You can use volume up down turn page too .

The code change for EE is very simple , I will explain it there .
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
fekhner
Addict

thanks for the tip on the volume buttons, very convenient indeed!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Hi vldmr,

Thanks for your help. I am also not quite able to get it to work, probably I am misunderstanding the instructions, which I interpreted as a way to include the changed permissions in the updated firmware. Since I could not find update.sh,
update.sh is main script in every firmware update for edge. The original post refers to allmine update, so that after installtion of allmine all add-on programs writing to eink would work without need for root privileges

Quote:
what I did was copy the line
/system/esi/bin/eink_permissions.sh \&
to the end of
/system/esi/bin/start_epd.sh
and add the file
/system/esi/bin/eink_permissions.sh
with the content you have described. But that is probably not quite the way to go ?
You actually did exactly what is needed. start_epd.sh is executed by system at startup, so you added a call to eink_permissions.sh that will take care of setting permission of /dev/fb2. Since you added contents manually, you do not need a backslash before last character ('&' instead of '\&'), I am not sure if having & escaped would change intended behaviour, better delete it. Also make sure that eink_permissions.sh has execute permission set, do 'chmod +x eink_permissions.sh' on it.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #29
fekhner
Addict

ok, thanks, so I removed the backslash, permissions for the file were ok, nevertheless the permissions of fb2 are unfortunately still not what they should be after a reboot ....
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist

Quote:
ok, thanks, so I removed the backslash, permissions for the file were ok, nevertheless the permissions of fb2 are unfortunately still not what they should be after a reboot ....
Hm, I just tried it on my ee, where it was not installed before, and it works as expected. Make sure that you put only contents between '#######', not those lines themselves. The first line shall be '#!/system/esi/bin/busybox sh'.

To test interactively that command '/system/esi/bin/eink_permissions.sh' works as expected, try it from interactive shell - if there is any problem, you will get some error message.