Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2022, 07:43 AM   #1
44ron
44ron began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3 (7th gen)
Question Unable to see KUAL azw2 file after Jailbreaking

I have used this method: https://inknowhere.wordpress.com/202...dle-jailbreak/
to jailbreak my PW3 on Firmware version 5.13.7. I also did the hotfix included in the blog post.
Now, I'm trying to install KUAL and MRPI, for the Screensaver Hack, but I'm stuck because the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 file doesn't show up in my Library or on my Homepage at all. I put it in the documents folder directly and nothing.. tried rebooting and I've tried with the 1.0 file too, still nothing. Can anyone help me out with this?
44ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:13 PM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
"KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2" = "kindlet" version of KUAL.
The firmware version you have on your Kindle doesn't support running "kindlets" / "active content", that was discontinued years ago..

You need to use newer, "booklet" version of KUAL that is installed using a ".bin" installer using MRPI (yes, using / running MRPI which is primarily seen and used as a KUAL extension to install KUAL itself might seem to be "ass-backwards" order of things).

Downloaded KUAL (coplate) from the Snapshots thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

You copy the MRPI extension files to Kindle drive (into "extensions" folder) and copy KUAL bin installer file into "mrpackages" folder and then disconnect your Kindle from your computer and then run MRPI by typing ";log mrpi" (without quotes) into Search bar on Kindle and pressing the icon that runs the search.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #3
44ron
44ron began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3 (7th gen)
Thank you so much, I managed to do it. I also installed the hotfix for KUAL (coplate)
44ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kual, mrpi, pw3