Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 12-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Feature request: Styles configurations kept/saved with particular books

Since epubs can be pretty different, and what's needed or desirable for a styles configuration can be quite variable between documents, I wonder if we might be able to keep styles configurations pertaining to particular books, instead of having one styles setting, based on the last configuration when the viewer closed (thus any document will switch to this 'last' configuration when opened again). Right now I have a text document with a whole bunch of different styles settings that I copy and paste for particular books.

I suppose if this was done it would either save some data in the document that the viewer knows to read, or it could simply exist in the calibre library's memory of each book (in the way that it remembers the location you last read).
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply convert the book to epub and edit it with the edit book tool to add whatever styles you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature request, feature suggestion, styles, stylesheet, viewer