Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #31
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
No, it's also mine.
That's because iRex' 2.11 src was not used.
Mike has used jharker's latest modded ipdf & added his bookmarks feature.

Maybe it's time for a little diff session.

The powersaving of ipdf should be [maybe] obsolete because of the new 2.11 feature "Generic CPU frequency scaling".
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #32
good153
Enthusiast
good153 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Thanks a lot for your effort. I have experienced the convenience of the function of bookmarks and the rest. Here is one problem. The bookmarks cannot work in the mode of landscape. I think using the mode of landscape in order to see small font document more clearly is quite important. Could you please fix the problem? Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
Hello.

I am happy to see that somebody find my addition useful. I also improved my reading with iLiad.

Now, I added some edition possibility for bookmark. You can set name for each bookmark by pressing bookmark icon in bookmark dialog (the same icon which is using for adding bookmark). And second addition - you can add more than 12 bookmark. Bookmarks are being displayed in several pages.

I also know about some bugs. I cannot get normal control on keyboard, I need to clean code and may be, improve some solutions. I also plan to add possibility for comments.

By the way, everybody, who will try this new ipdf, please, bakup all your manifest files. I cannot give any warranty that addition works properly.

P.S: Can anybody test powersaving of "all in one ipdf" in comparing with ipdf 2.11?
good153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #33
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
I think I may be dense... I am in need of help. Here is what I did:

I downloaded this version:

ipdf_powersave_bookmarks_for_2.11

Once I unzipped everything, I just copied it over to the ipdf directory on my CF card on my Iliad.

Well the full screen works, etc....but I don't see any icon for bookmarks, etc.

Can someone help direct me as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #34
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
The modified ipdf needs to be copied to your iliad file system. I created a little set of installers of the various versions to make it easier to switch and get the features I need at a particular point in time. You can get them here. Just unzip this to somewhere, e.g. your CF, and then navigate to the folder (on your iliad). You will see four installers in the contentlister, one of which restores the original iRex ipdf. You can only have one current version, so it shows the date and time of that each version was copied across so you can figure out which is the current version.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #35
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Well I am making progress!

Now I can see the bookmarks and it works great.

But after I installed that version, I cannot get the pdf out of full screen mode.

If I press the escape button it brings me back to the directory menu.

Any ideas for this one?

thanks!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #36
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Try here. The first post here has a summary of the features of fullscreen mode with the key commands.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #37
PhilT
Enthusiast
PhilT began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
This thread has gotten a little confusing. I'm not sure which version I'm supposed to download. Would it be possible to update the first post or add these changes to jharkers original post here and on the iRex forum.

Thanks,
Phil
PhilT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 AM   #38
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Use the installer in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=16

I'll update the first post of this thread to reflect that.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #39
PhilT
Enthusiast
PhilT began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Thank you!
PhilT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #40
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Ok well the bricking I have been experiancing has to do with the addons I have been trying to use.

Since I restored everything, there have been no issues.

So I have firmware 2.11.

What I want to add is fullscreen pdf's and pdf bookmarks. Can someone point me to the version that works fine with 2.11.

I just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #41
cnbcad
cnbcad began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad Irex
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop View Post
Here is installer using the stripped binary..

I've edited the scripts so that the install procedure copies the iRex ipdf version installed on your machine for use during uninstallation into the directory of the installer files, this will ensure that you go back to the correct version if you decide to uninstall

Tested and working on 2.11
doesn't work on 2.12
cnbcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #42
daudi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbcad View Post
doesn't work on 2.12
Try this
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #43
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
why do the pen settings seem to default to "magic marker" mode every time i reboot the iliad? it'd be nicer if it could remember the setting either per manifest.xml file or just based on the last settings.. it doesn't seem to remember it for specific files, anyway.

For the 'marking mode': Can the 'biggest' size marker be made bigger, btw? (so that it more or less encompasses a whole line of text in height?

Last edited by zerospinboson; 06-06-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: added question
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #44
cze
cze began at the beginning.

Device: none
create manifest-bookmarks from pdf-bookmarks

"But we could use maybe iText [a Java.pdf library] or something different to generate a manifest.xml with all bookmarks of pdf file."
- That's a great idea! I would like that very very much.
(Also nice would be an integration of this bookmarking function with the column mode function, because both features are very useful.)
cze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #45
fire_mikael
fire_mikael began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 1st edition
Hi all,

I've just installed this version with the all-in-one iPDF installer, and I've got a question: now all of my pdfs are displayed directly in full screen, which is wonderful, but I can't access the toolbar to use the bookmark functionality, or all of the others...how can I toggle between fullscreen and normal view?

EDIT: I've found out with post 36, thanks ^^

Last edited by fire_mikael; 11-18-2009 at 04:23 AM.
fire_mikael is offline   Reply With Quote