Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #46
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterloron View Post
When I try to run the tool, I get the following output. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I answered your question at Launchpad.

In short : you should not give the path to the metadata.db file, but only the name of the folder that contains it (i.e. the path must not contain the "metadata.db" part).
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #47
peterloron
peterloron began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Thanks for the speedy response. I get the same output no matter what path I supply:

/library/books
/library/books/
/library/books/metadata.db
peterloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #48
peterloron

I've created a bug at Launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre2opds/+bug/502412
Old 01-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #49
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Thanks peter ! I answered in your bug report...
Old 01-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #50
peterloron

Interestingly, if I run the tool while the current working directory is the Calibre library, it works. Running the tool from elsewhere and specifying the CL directory fails. I've updated the bug.
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 AM   #51
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I have the same error message using the path of the folder wherein the metadata.db sits.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #52
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

I made a new release that corrects all but one of the reported bugs :
  • corrected a problem in the URLs : the / were escaped when it was not necessary
  • corrected a bug : the parameter specifying the calibre folder was not read correctly
  • corrected a bug : the authors list was not split nor sorted by last name but by first name
  • updated the readme.txt with the information of the FAQs

I need someone who can write and correct CSS stylesheets to take over the bug #502553 : Additional Links in HTML do not work with IE, because my knowledge of CSS and HTML is not good enough ; anyone up to the task ?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #53
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
A suggestion for some small enhancements to the HTML catalogs:
- The "Next Page" link is not very obvious - I would suggest a button would be better?
- When you are on second or later pages it would be a good idea to have a "Previous page" button (probably somwhere near the top of the page) rather than having to use the browser back button.
- It might be a good idea to have a "Page # of n" somewhere near the top to indicate how many pages there are and how far through the set one is.

If it would be better I could put these suggestions into Launchpad?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #54
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

Yes, please add these to Launchpad as it would make them persistent.
I'll answer there in order not to clog this nice forum
Old 01-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #55
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

I made a new release :
  • corrected a bug : link to picture is missing from the thumbnail link (the OPDS one, not Stanza's)
  • corrected a bug : books for an author or a tag were not sorted by title
  • made the icons true png files to save space
  • changed the localization class to make it use UTF-8 files
  • modified the HTML pages to make the popup menus work in IE (thanks Jens !)

Thanks to Jens Baumeister for his help on this IE bug, I hope it works well, because I can't test with IE7...
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #56
Henny
Henny began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Some problems with the command

Hai
I tried to install the program, but have some problems with the command. Metadata.db stands in:
C:\Users\Bastiaansen\Documents\Henny\ebooks
The program: C:\Program Files\calibre2opds
I entered in the commandline: c:\program files\calibre2opds\bin\calibre2opds.bat
Now, I see in the directory ebooks new maps: Bin and REpo, but I can't find any catalog. What did I do wrong?
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks a lot, it looks great!
Henny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #57
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the very least you need to tell it where the metadata.db file is located. If you are not running the .bat file from the calibre library folder you also need to say where the library is located.

If you run calibre2opds with the --help option it will show you what command line options are available.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #58
Henny
Henny began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
How can I run Calibre2opds? I'm sorry, I thought I had to enter the command line in CMD.
Henny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #59
itimpi
Wizard

You have two chocies:
- Open up a CMD window and run it from there.
- Create a shortcut to the Calibre2opds.bat file and run it via that (which I find easier).

If using the latter method then you edit the properties of the shortcut to add any required parameters after the file name in the "Target" field. These are the same parameters you would use if running from the CMD window.

One disadvantage of the shortcut method is that the Window disappears as soon as the command completes so you would not see any error messages. My recommendation would therefore be to start by using the CMD window, and once you know what parameters you want you can then add them to the shortcut and run via that method.

In your case you probably want to give the path to the Calibre library folder as a parameter leaving the remaining ones to default.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #60
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

There's a FAQ on the site that should be helpful ; if not, please tell me what wasn't clear so I can enhance it.