Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
NY Times 10 Best 2006

This week, the New York Times published their list of the "ten best books of 2006." Setting aside the question of the merits of such a list - though I tend to have a good deal of respect of the NYT Book Review's contributors - I thought I'd check the CONNECT store to see what was available.

It turned out to be three out of ten; "Absurdistan" and "The Emperor's Children" in fiction, and "The Looming Tower" from non-fiction. The CONNECT store's prices managed to beat Amazon in each case, by amounts ranging from 61 cents to $2.41.

Still, the price doesn't matter as much to me as availability. I love my Reader, and I'm out of physical bookshelf space; I'm totally into purchasing e-books whenever I can.

So Sony, if you're keeping an eye on these messages, remember that these "Best of 2006" lists from major newspapers and magazines are going to generate a lot of interest... how about trying to make sure as many of these titles as possible are available through CONNECT? I'd far prefer buying them online, than purchasing more dead trees I really have no space for. Thanks!

Last edited by randyman; 12-10-2006 at 01:23 PM.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What are the 10 books, as a matter of interest?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Absurdisatan
The Collected Stories of Amy Hempel
The Emperor's Children
The Lay of the Land
Special Topics in Calamity Physics
Falling through the Earth
The Looming Tower
Mayflower
The Omnivores Dilema
The Places In-Between

List is here:

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/books/rev...f8a&ei=5087%0A
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote