Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-12-2021, 07:26 AM   #541
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
like i said "it has all the features I need" - & I don't use one drive or need back sync.
but the real message is. there's an android app developer who responds to messages so ask whats on his to-do list and toss a coin to.. by buying the app if you want to encourage more development.

when first launched, that app only did cloud, not calibre CS. that got added due to feedback & customer requests.
It's bought. Is it on amazon app store?(I bought CC on Amazon AND GooglePlay as vote-by-coin).
Now some requests are sent to author.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #542
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
the guys mostly likely to add requested features are calibre Sync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibresync&hl=en

their app is still actively developing and already they added some calibre specific stuff since I bought it.
i use it instead of CC - it has all the features I need.
Thanks for your opinion on this. I was also interested in Calibre Sync as an alternative, but have yet to try it.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:57 AM   #543
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i tried everything in play store that showed up on a search fro calibre. Sync is the only one still actively developed. most others will not even login to dropbox as they have depreciated APIs. ( i posted more info on alternatives a long time ago)

previously, I found that moon reader direct to calibre ODPS via wifi was a reasonable work-around, so long as library PC was running, but then I fell out of love with moon reader..

and the talk here of some free open -source development seems to have fizzled out..

i find it rude that none of the "development team" guys who worked for Sam Cohen ever came back or posted that they had quit, or why.
Could be that Covid wiped out the entire team but more likely they just did a runner...
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:15 AM   #544
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
i tried everything in play store that showed up on a search fro calibre. Sync is the only one still actively developed. most others will not even login to dropbox as they have depreciated APIs. ( i posted more info on alternatives a long time ago)

previously, I found that moon reader direct to calibre ODPS via wifi was a reasonable work-around, so long as library PC was running, but then I fell out of love with moon reader..

and the talk here of some free open -source development seems to have fizzled out..

i find it rude that none of the "development team" guys who worked for Sam Cohen ever came back or posted that they had quit, or why.
Could be that Covid wiped out the entire team but more likely they just did a runner...
My impression is that the person who bought CC basically had a business model of hiring some contract programmers or a programming firm to do the work rather than actually have a company with employees. He did have a program manager who was active for a while. My guess is that the idea was to get the program in a stable situation with ads and subscriptions and then let everyone go.

As I've said before, I think that CC is very much a niche product that doesn't really have a big enough market to support a full time developer. It's more suited to someone doing it as a side job or hobby, or possibly an open source project.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:22 AM   #545
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
My impression was that the new "owner" thought there was easy money to be made via the subscription model. That didn't pan out, the coders bailed, and here we are.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #546
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
the guys mostly likely to add requested features are calibre Sync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibresync&hl=en

their app is still actively developing and already they added some calibre specific stuff since I bought it.
i use it instead of CC - it has all the features I need.
It's got a seriously major flaw that makes it unusable. That flaw is no iOS version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #547
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
A few months back, I was communicating via email directly with "Alex" on the dev team (or the entire dev team, I don't know) for a previous issue. He was great to deal with. About a month ago, I reached out to him again to see what the status of the app was, and never received a reply.

Based on the owner's demonstrated abrasiveness in earlier threads, I suspect Alex just pulled the plug and noped out of there rather quickly.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #548
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's got a seriously major flaw that makes it unusable. That flaw is no iOS version.
There is an iOS version, I still have it on my iPad. I just stopped using it.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:50 AM   #549
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
given that the entire thread is called ANDROID WISH LIST< I think your " major flaw" is off-target

I have no idea who else offers iOS solutions- perhaps you could be positive and recommend one. or an alternative workaround for calibre < -> iOS via wifi.
I gather its the back-sync link that's tricky as it needs calibre specific wireless device code?

Last edited by stumped; 05-21-2021 at 07:53 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:45 AM   #550
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Old software

I stopped using it a while back. I got annoyed that CC would make its own list, so that I had to use CC and only CC.
I tend to just plug my device (tablet or phone) into my computer and download from the main Calibre program. I still use Moon+ reader. There doesn't seem to be another reader I like better, and Moon is still active, still updating, and it works smoothly on my Android devices. The Pro version is well worth the money and it helps to keep the project alive.
Anything but the spyful Kindle app! Whenever possible, I avoid buying my books from Amazon.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:57 PM   #551
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One simple request. Release the source

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #552
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
There is an iOS version, I still have it on my iPad. I just stopped using it.
I think Jon was talking about the CalibreSync app not having iOS support, since that's the app being referenced in the post that he quoted.

I could, of course, be wrong, though...

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote