Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #136
toddhicks209
Enthusiast
toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I find Bookrix to be a good source for self-publishing.
toddhicks209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #137
SanchezZz
SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.

About opening your own shop and selling your books:
I have seen lately people opening Etsy shops and selling their books.

The first time I saw it I was surprised since this used to be more of a crafters corner, but then I thought "it is actually a great idea" after all writers are crafters in their own art so why not!

I don't know if it would work well in the sense of selling much, but I have thought about it for some days, I saw this and thought on mentioning it.
SanchezZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:02 AM   #138
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The real ebook and paper book sellers list for free. About 99.9% of online sales.
Etsy charges "store" rent.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #139
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The real ebook and paper book sellers list for free. About 99.9% of online sales.
Etsy charges "store" rent.
Yes (you do realize that we're necroposting here, Quoth, ça va?), that's true, but over at Etsy, they have a built-in crowd of people (if we're talking crafting books and the like) who are already interested in their topic(s). Knitting, making soaps, making perfumes, whatever.

I can see, were I a crafter (near beer!) with a specialty and a decent targeted book why I would consider Etsy. (Full disclosure: don't drink beer, don't knit, can't sew and any "crafty-ness" I have is the other kind spelt with an "i.")

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #140
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes (you do realize that we're necroposting here, Quoth, ça va?),
Yes, though I was replying to the recent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
… that's true, but over at Etsy, they have a built-in crowd of people (if we're talking crafting books and the like) who are already interested in their topic(s). Knitting, making soaps, making perfumes, whatever.

I can see, were I a crafter (near beer!) with a specialty and a decent targeted book why I would consider Etsy. (Full disclosure: don't drink beer, don't knit, can't sew and any "crafty-ness" I have is the other kind spelt with an "i.")

Hitch
Yes, but you need the weekly volume AND the niche book or the store rental will outweigh sales. Or very expensive physical books. It works just about for my daughter but she sells paintings at 100x to 800x the price of an ebook.

I did look at it and was surprised more than one off physical books even qualify, but I guess since Etsy gets the money every month they don't much care what's offered as long as it's not illegal.

Ravelery is THE place for selling actual knitting & crochet patterns. Etsy is more kitchy-niche.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 02:38 PM   #141
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, though I was replying to the recent post.

Yes, but you need the weekly volume AND the niche book or the store rental will outweigh sales. Or very expensive physical books. It works just about for my daughter but she sells paintings at 100x to 800x the price of an ebook.

I did look at it and was surprised more than one off physical books even qualify, but I guess since Etsy gets the money every month they don't much care what's offered as long as it's not illegal.

Ravelery is THE place for selling actual knitting & crochet patterns. Etsy is more kitchy-niche.
Hi:

I don't disagree with you, really. I was simply...clarifying a skoosh. For that those that have never been on Etsy in their lives.

I don't have a clue what the store rental is. I buy a fair amount of cashmere, via Etsy (which I need like a hole in my damned head, given whereI live), and the occasional bit or bob, or so that's my familiarity.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 02-07-2022 at 06:49 PM. Reason: See the strikeout? Brainfart.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #142
npowt1
npowt1 began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Hey guys I'm new here i was wondering if anyone would be possibly interested in buying my book now available on amazon. Its a fantasy book [snip self-promotion outside self-promotion forum] and is about a father and his son who go on a quest to save their lands from an evil religious cult that threaten to take over the world.

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-26-2022 at 04:21 PM.
npowt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #143
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by npowt1 View Post
Hey guys I'm new here i was wondering if anyone would be possibly interested in buying my book now available on amazon. Its a fantasy book [snip self-promotion outside self-promotion forum] and is about a father and his son who go on a quest to save their lands from an evil religious cult that threaten to take over the world.
npowt1, you are violating the forum's rules. As you are new, it will likely only get a warning. There is a subform here, where you are allowed to promote your book. It's the SELF-PROMOTION subforum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=226 and you should go there.

And in the meantime, be prepared for the fact that a moderator is going to speak sternly to you.

Hitch

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-26-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:09 PM   #144
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice
What Hitch Said.

Don't do it again. A repeat offence is likely to result in a ban for spamming.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 04:48 AM   #145
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am publishing them in Amazon.
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:00 PM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
I am publishing them in Amazon.
So were do we get them in ePub?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote