Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #61
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
I've posted a bunch of videos in the Icarus post in case anyone is interested.

Just as a suggestion, since it seems that both devices are almost the same, shouldn't we try to merge both threads?
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #62
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
What has this to do with what I wrote?

EDIT: I meant << Can I suggest that you try Librera /on your current device/ >>
Sorry I misunderstood. Have you ever used Calibre for your ebooks? There is nothing else that can allow me to organize books than Calibre. I can look at them based on tags, series, author, and a lot more. I didn't think a file manager could do that. With over 1,000 books using Calibre on the PC and Calibre Companion on the reader lets me easily browse my books. I can also create my own groupings like unread books for each genre I store.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 AM   #63
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just posted for the Icarus the below, and I am wondering how it is for the Boyue version. The CPU usage is seen through an option in the "developer settings"

Quote:
The Icarus has four cores while most Onyx devices are single core, but the Icarus seems to use three times as much CPU. I would say that the user experience is consistent with that - not much faster, not as fast as it should be.

Do you see the same anomalous CPU use?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:59 AM   #64
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Just wondering for those of you who have this or something similar, have you guys tried Xodo PDF reader? I'm hoping to annotate PDF's with this. Xodo lets you scroll pages with two fingers and annotate with one. Basically just planning to use a highlighter tool to highlight important passages.

Wondering how the speed is and whether that's feasible before I get one.
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #65
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

There is a new firmware update from last weekend. I am trying to install it but after downloading it just won't update. I guess it is because of having the device rooted. I have tried unrooting it but still it won't update. I wonder if anyone has been able to install this last update having the device rooted.
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 02:10 AM   #66
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Why all these devices haven't updated their Android yet? They are all stuck on Android 4.2! Very old version.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by viceant; 11-14-2017 at 02:12 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #67
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Device: Booken, Kobo Glo HD, Oasis2 e T80S
what are the best epub and pdf applications you are using?
redson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #68
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redson View Post
what are the best epub and pdf applications you are using?
For epub: Alreader and Moonreader

For pdf: the stock app (I would say it is Fbreader with the plugin, although the name in settings is Adobe reader), Moonreader (with pdf plugin), Perfectviewer (with pdf plugin) and Orion viewer.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #69
redson
redson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheeseredson can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
For epub: Alreader and Moonreader

For pdf: the stock app (I would say it is Fbreader with the plugin, although the name in settings is Adobe reader), Moonreader (with pdf plugin), Perfectviewer (with pdf plugin) and Orion viewer.
Thanks for the reply. I am a new user and have only basic knowledge. Could you tell if there is any way to access recent open applications?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #70
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am a new user and have only basic knowledge. Could you tell if there is any way to access recent open applications?
There is not. I use one app called "Bar shortcut" to access my main apps.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #71
redson

friends, good afternoon. Did you replace the launcher with RelauncherX or another? have more tips to increase usability of Boyue? I really like my device and would like to use it in the best way. I liked the tip of colibris79 for application and would like to know if there are more features that you use
Old 11-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #72
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
friends, good afternoon. Did you replace the launcher with RelauncherX or another? have more tips to increase usability of Boyue? I really like my device and would like to use it in the best way. I liked the tip of colibris79 for application and would like to know if there are more features that you use
I have used RelaunchX and Relaunch for a while and it works fine.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #73
redson

contrast

Hello friends, any idea to improve the contrast of apps and launcher default of the boyue?
Old 11-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #74
colibris79
Zealot

There was an update (11.11 date I think...). That improved the contrast in third apps. I had my device rooted so I had to do a factory reset to apply the update.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #75
nrseife
nrseife began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus illumina e654bk
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
There was an update (11.11 date I think...). That improved the contrast in third apps. I had my device rooted so I had to do a factory reset to apply the update.
I have the Icarus version of the Likebook Plus. I guess I have to wait for the update from Icarus?
nrseife is offline   Reply With Quote