Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 03:59 PM   #1261
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Biweekly report:
  • Purchased
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Comprados.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	162264
  • Read

Name:	Leidos.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	162265
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #1262
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I bought way too many books this week. I spent all my Google credit, all my Kobo credit and some Harlequin codes used. Those Valentine's day sales are dangerous! Imagine the damage I could do with plastic.

I've discovered May McGoldrick and currently making my way through their books.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2018, 02:33 AM   #1263
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

Casting Spells - The Sugar Maple Chronicles #1 - Barbara Bretton

-Originally Published by Berkley, 2008
-Paranormal Romance

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Not at Kobo when I checked
A box set of this series containing all four books is on sale at Amazon for $0.99. These books are in KU so this is an Amazon only deal.

The Sugar Maple Chronicles.

I bought it today.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #1264
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
I should know to look for the KU thing by now oops!
And thanks for the info. about the box set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
A box set of this series containing all four books is on sale at Amazon for $0.99. These books are in KU so this is an Amazon only deal.

The Sugar Maple Chronicles.

I bought it today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE:

Casting Spells - The Sugar Maple Chronicles #1 - Barbara Bretton

-Originally Published by Berkley, 2008
-Paranormal Romance

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Not at Kobo when I checked
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #1265
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Harlequin investigated but is unsure why my codes weren't working. So they gave me back all of the points to get new codes.

Apparently it's a rule now you only redeem for three codes per day as the "Redeem Now" button changes to "Not available" after you do three.

Which is fine. I had never tried to get more than three in one day before since it now takes so long to accumulate "free" points.

Just thought it was interesting to note. Also the "HMR Ratings Challenge" tile no longer displays on my home page. The "Share Your Thoughts With HMR!" one is still there.

Does the "HMR Ratings Challenge" tile show for anyone else?
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #1266
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They don't care about promoting on site anymore. Google Play has a 3x points thing going with Harlequin Rewards. I think today is the last day but don't quote me. Fine print says points are from final price not retail price so I didn't bother.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 02-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #1267
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, even without using the free codes I like getting the books a month early.

Plus Google adds a bunch of stuff (easy enough to fix, but why?)

I bought a book using the Google Play $5 off coupon and Harlequin still credited me the list price for it. But maybe that's because the book wasn't part of a sale.

Kobo is still my main buy site, but I use Harlequin and Google, too.

I still have a lot of points to use at the Harlequin site, but am trying to only buy books I will read within a few weeks. I still have a bunch from the 5¢ sale I haven't gotten to (but to be fair I bought a ton of backlist that I already read and owned in print).
Old 02-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #1268
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On the promo for Valentine's Day triple points it says it's only for final price. I suspect after promo it will be list price again but you won't get triple points.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #1269
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
Nothing new.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 2-18.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	162387  
Old 02-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #1270
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I couldn't even get onto Harlequin's My Rewards last time I tried. Took forever and kept spitting me back the log-in page.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #1271
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have given up on the harlequin points. I had a bunch left, but I just can't make the books appear decent with "send to kindle" so I gave up. Sadly, even if free, I'd rather buy to get a proper file.
All this fiddling is just too much work. Oh well. Not that I have a lack of books.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #1272
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I have given up on the harlequin points. I had a bunch left, but I just can't make the books appear decent with "send to kindle" so I gave up. Sadly, even if free, I'd rather buy to get a proper file.
All this fiddling is just too much work. Oh well. Not that I have a lack of books.
I learned a new trick on DRM free epub.
You might know it already. Rename them to png files and email to Kindle. It will convert the epub to Kindle format. This is great if you're not near a computer that has Calibre. You can do this from your phone or tablet too.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 02-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #1273
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I learned a new trick on DRM free epub.
You might know it already. Rename them to png files and email to Kindle. It will convert the epub to Kindle format. This is great if you're not near a computer that has Calibre. You can do this from your phone or tablet too.

Sent from my XT1528
Never heard of it and I am probably too stupid to figure this stuff out. I don't even know how to rename something so the file extension changes. I tried that in the folder it is and all I can do is change the name of the file, but that doesn't change the file extension, its still epub. I know I can't put epub through "sendtokindle".
I don't even know if I can send anything other than .mobi like that. Its just too much trouble trying to figure this stuff out. Frustrating when I know I can't. I have a few of those harlequin books I got with points, but I either don't get a cover, or I don't get the bold option with my kindle, or I don't get both. Its just not worth it to not have stuff work.
I must have the bold option to read and I don't want coverless books sitting around. They also must be send with the sendtokindle as I have to have them in the cloud properly.

Its fine, I either have to wait for those books to come to a library, or wait for a sale.

I can't believe how complicated all this ebook stuff is. No wonder Amazon became so big, they make it so so easy. Click and read. Done.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:05 PM   #1274
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I don't even know how to rename something so the file extension changes. I tried that in the folder it is and all I can do is change the name of the file, but that doesn't change the file extension, its still epub.
Open the folder with the ePub.

Click "View" from the toolbar.

Enable "File Name Extensions".

Rename the ePub extension to PNG.

Hope that helps!
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #1275
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks for the .epub->Kindle tip!
I will try it.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote