Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #481
Evil Overlord
Enthusiast
Evil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeofmessiah View Post
The library management for the SimpleTouch is clunky and horrendous to say the least, and it takes a lot of work to create shelves, and you are constantly having to check and recheck to make sure that you have the books where you want them. It would be great to be able to turn Tags and/or Series into Shelves for the Nook Simple Touch, similar to what the Kindle Collections plugin.

Strongly seconded. The Nook is a great device, but the shelves are simply not worth using. On the other hand, the Calibre tags and Series work great, but I don't really need them on my PC. What I'd like is:

1. Tags converted to shelves on the Nook.
2. Series converted to shelves on the Nook. Ideally including series numbers, since otherwise, one has to rename the books to include a #, or just remember.
Evil Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #482
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....es-on-the-nook
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #483
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm sorry if this is repeating. Is it possible to get a plugin that displays and allow editing of the notes and highlights in Calibre?
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #484
LMCK83
LMCK83 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by crdf View Post
I'm sorry if this is repeating. Is it possible to get a plugin that displays and allow editing of the notes and highlights in Calibre?
That sounds awesome, I'd like to see plugin like that too.
LMCK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #485
222fbj
222fbj began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Library Indicator (high visibility)

I sometimes forget which Library I have loaded. The indicators in my OS Window title, and the calibre Library icon/text, do not stand out enough for my old eyes. It would be great to see something to the menubar with high visibility to indentify the current library.

Maybe a drop down library selector that has an icon which changes based on the library (with user provided icons)?

Or, maybe a text field/area on the menu bar, with some font/background options to display the library name or a short nickname?

Also, IMHO: The current Library icon would be better if the drop down showed all libraries (not just the unloaded ones) with a check next to the 'loaded' one.

Thanks
222fbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #486
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222fbj View Post
I sometimes forget which Library I have loaded. The indicators in my OS Window title, and the calibre Library icon/text, do not stand out enough for my old eyes. It would be great to see something to the menubar with high visibility to indentify the current library.

Maybe a drop down library selector that has an icon which changes based on the library (with user provided icons)?

Or, maybe a text field/area on the menu bar, with some font/background options to display the library name or a short nickname?

Also, IMHO: The current Library icon would be better if the drop down showed all libraries (not just the unloaded ones) with a check next to the 'loaded' one.

Thanks
Meanwhile, have you considered upping the font size that Calibre uses. You can do that in Preferences->Look & Feel->Main Interface->Interface Font

EDIT : If Preferences->Look & Feel->Main Interface->Interface Font Show text under icons is set to Always the Library name shows under the icon.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-04-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Add EDIT para
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #487
ppulle
ppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo
Halftoning cover generator

Hi,

I'd like to see a plugin that takes an epub cover and applies a well thought out halftone to it.

Even though the reader will do it's best in presenting colour images on epaper I reckon that a good half tone will look better.

You'd lose resolution, however we wouldn't get the very dark images some covers render to on ebooks.

Phil
ppulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #488
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppulle View Post
Hi,

I'd like to see a plugin that takes an epub cover and applies a well thought out halftone to it.

Even though the reader will do it's best in presenting colour images on epaper I reckon that a good half tone will look better.

You'd lose resolution, however we wouldn't get the very dark images some covers render to on ebooks.

Phil
A halftone won't do what you want. EInk displays aren't high resolution B&W devices, they are medium resolution greyscale devices. I think you're looking for a high-contrast colour->(4-bit) greyscale conversion.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #489
ppulle
ppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverppulle exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo
ahhh OK....a 4bit high contrast filter then

In any case the idea is the same....some sort of plugin to optimise a scanned graphic so it looks good on the ebook.
ppulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #490
macnab69
Zealot
macnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toysmacnab69 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 4
Need a method/plugin that, when sending a book to device, convert it to the correct format (already does that) and then deletes the new format.
macnab69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #491
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnab69 View Post
Need a method/plugin that, when sending a book to device, convert it to the correct format (already does that) and then deletes the new format.
Maybe ”Save to Format” plugin would help? It saves (and automatically converts) given format to given directory and deletes auto-created formats. If you'd choose device as directory (works with Kindle at least), you might get desired effect. Don't know about other devices, though.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #492
Ralob
Connoisseur
Ralob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2, PW4
I would love to see a plugin for BookLikes (a rising alternative to GR). It is an awesome, independent company with a lot of potential. Here is a link to the service's API: http://booklikes.com/dev/docs
Ralob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #493
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
After having had some small success modifying an existing plugin I became bold and thought I could maybe build one myself, but find that I have had far too little exposure to the language to pull it off, so am going to suggest it as idea.

What I very much would like to be able to do is to have a plugin that allows me to define a custom identifier (such as exists for goodreads, ff, etc) that can be clicked on in the book details panel to take me to that location.

Preferably it should work with a configuration file that allows setting up id's like

id=[base_url][output of {identifiers:select(id)}]

so I can have multiple references.

I'd like to have such a plugin so I do not have to clutter up my identifiers field with loads of url's that aren't going to show up in bookdetails anyways, since identifiers only get nicely converted into a clickable entity if a plugin registered that identifier. This mechanism would serve my purpose perfectly as that's what they're mostly used for anyways.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #494
d902
d902 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Add tag(s) via keyboard shortcut

I regularly tag books with "Keep" or "Read" or genres or whatever. It would be great to be able to use unassigned keys to apply tags to whatever books are selected (as opposed to going through the edit or bulk edit window each time). Ideally, you'd be able to choose existing tags to apply to keys (or key combos, I suppose).
d902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #495
GeenaG
GeenaG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Plugin Request

Is there a plugin that once installed will allow you to log into your Amazon or Barnes and Nobles Account and download the ebooks from those stores that you have purchased to calibre which includes the following in the metadata:

Title, Author, Genre, Date Purchased and Purchase Price. If there is such a plugin, one could create a library just for the Amazon on Barnes and Nobles stores

Also one that will download your ebook wishlist. Thank you in advance.
GeenaG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development