Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #16
MonkReader
MonkReader began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Anyone know the specification differences between the Paperlike Pro and Paperlike 3 HD? I am also wondering the frame per second difference between the two in A2 Mode, 16 grayscale mode and Floyd mode. Its not clear on Dasung's website how these models are different.

Then there is a touch version of the Paperlike Pro that appears to be up for interest. Why would they take an older model and put touch on it?
MonkReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 09:24 AM   #17
Phung
Phung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
I am not sure but here is my speculation. The screen of paperlike HD is better (more expensive) than that of paperlike pro. Therefore if they would like to sell a device with a reasonable price (less than 1000$) having touch function on it, Paperlike pro may be a good fit.
Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 AM   #18
MonkReader
MonkReader began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
That makes sense. I noticed the resolution of each are different which would indicate the newer Carta 1.2. For most peoples purposes the the frames per second is the most important metric. Thus far the company has not been forthright with that information for its various modes which makes it difficult to determine the true value and performance of their product.

I also would like to see the Paperlike HD with Wacom functionality. At their price point of 1k it should be included. I realize Dasung is a startup company but their only edge right now seems to be slightly better software for rendering the screen of their device. If a more established company with more resources such as Onyx, Amazon, Sony, stepped up and improved upon their software, while utilizing the newest e ink displays with HDMI, Dasung will then be a company of the past.

I am all for startup companies and innovation but as a new company you really have to work hard to offer a lot more for less to succeed in my opinion.

Last edited by MonkReader; 11-02-2018 at 01:24 AM.
MonkReader is offline   Reply With Quote