Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Goes to show ya just how customizable this powerhouse of a program is! Thank you!
Thanks.

That said, the number 1 complaint about CC is that it is too customizable and that the reasons behind many of the customizations are incomprehensible. What a strange world we live in...

EDIT: Actually, that #2. Number 1 is "CC doesn't connect".

Last edited by chaley; 09-26-2016 at 03:49 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Since you didn't state this specifically as a possible inquiry:

Would you be willing to add an option called "Permanent night mode" which would turn on night mode and remove the option from the menu?

Its a small thing, so if its a pain, don't bother, but I like to keep that menu clean.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Adding this in would require yet another option somewhere with explanation of what it does and dealing with the interactions. I think I will accept the second suggestion and not bother.
Advert
Old 09-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #18
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

Adding this in would require yet another option somewhere with explanation of what it does and dealing with the interactions. I think I will accept the second suggestion and not bother.
I totally understand. If you change your mind, I am happy to try it out for you.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:45 AM   #19
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Dear @chaley,

The text color on the "Reset Default" button is too close (bright) to the button background. In Nightview mode, of course.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:45 AM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I totally understand. If you change your mind, I am happy to try it out for you.
I realized that I already have a Settings section for that menu and that it already has the option to show/remove "Find random book". It is a very short step from there to adding an option to show/remove "Night mode". So I did it.

Removing the option does not change the value of the night mode check box, so setting it then removing it effectively makes night mode permanent.
Advert
Old 09-26-2016, 04:56 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.2.1.2:
  • Fix badly-displaying "list preferences" such asmost of the dialogs in Settings / Covers & Thumbnails
  • Improve contrast on dialog Cancel / Ok etc in all modes
  • Improve contrast of the "Reset" button in the item selector dialogs like Settings / Grouping Drawer / Select groups to show
  • Fix white-on-white in the list box in book details setting "Read"
  • Several other small changes to all of day, night, and eink dialogs.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #22
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@chaley,

I rechecked the 3 problems I reported. All these now seem OK.

I have found a new problem that I hadn't previously tested, so I don't know if it's new. From a Book Details screen, if I tap the 3-vertical-dots in the top bar I get the 8-item menu (starting 'Choose items to display') and everything displays OK. However if I tap my bottom left standard Android menu button (the left one of the Menu - Home - Back 3-button set) I get a black-on-black 8-item menu. The white horizontal lines show OK but no visible text. This is a Galaxy Note3 on Android 5.0.

Apart from that, this new option is a keeper for me. I can't see me ever switching it off. Thanks
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #23
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I have found a new problem that I hadn't previously tested, so I don't know if it's new. From a Book Details screen, if I tap the 3-vertical-dots in the top bar I get the 8-item menu (starting 'Choose items to display') and everything displays OK. However if I tap my bottom left standard Android menu button (the left one of the Menu - Home - Back 3-button set) I get a black-on-black 8-item menu. The white horizontal lines show OK but no visible text. This is a Galaxy Note3 on Android 5.0.
I just tried the same thing on my Galaxy Note 7 on Android 6.0.1 and the menu shows correctly both ways.

Quote:
Apart from that, this new option is a keeper for me. I can't see me ever switching it off. Thanks
Ditto. Loving this.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #24
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back again ...

I just fired up my Galaxy TabPro tablet (newer device than Note3 but older Android 4.4).

This device's left button is no longer a Menu button (it's a recently used apps button) so no problem with that. However, the main Settings screen has a white background. Text is light-grey and headings very-light-grey.

The original 3 items I reported are OK, though, so just the Settings background so far.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
@chaley,

I rechecked the 3 problems I reported. All these now seem OK.

Same here from the Cover View in an Elephone P3000S on Android 4.4.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #26
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Ah, yes, I missed that one. It looks like a general problem when using the Menu button.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #27
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Quote:
Back again ...

I just fired up my Galaxy TabPro tablet (newer device than Note3 but older Android 4.4).

This device's left button is no longer a Menu button (it's a recently used apps button) so no problem with that. However, the main Settings screen has a white background. Text is light-grey and headings very-light-grey.

The original 3 items I reported are OK, though, so just the Settings background so far.
Quote:
Ah, yes, I missed that one. It looks like a general problem when using the Menu button.
I can't repeat this problem on any emulator or device I have. That said, I have one idea that might help. If it doesn't (and you will need to tell me) then it won't be fixed.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #28
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can't repeat this problem on any emulator or device I have. That said, I have one idea that might help. If it doesn't (and you will need to tell me) then it won't be fixed.
I was finally able to repeat this problem on an emulator by forcing it to have soft "hardware buttons". I fixed it, although the contrast in "day" mode isn't as high as I would like. It is fine in "night" mode.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:54 AM   #29
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
The night mode works/looks great.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:04 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.2.1.3 (Beta):
  • Fix (I hope) the problems with night mode related to the hardware buttons.
  • Update languages: French, Spanish

Last edited by chaley; 09-27-2016 at 07:07 AM.