Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 05:25 AM   #1
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Help! Cover imported in grey scale from kindle

Hi,

I have a problem with import from Kindle Paperwhite in Library, sometimes the ebooks covers is imported in grey scale and not in color.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with import from Kindle Paperwhite in Library, sometimes the ebooks covers is imported in grey scale and not in color.
The cover image in Calibre should be whatever is stored inside the book when you add it to Calibre. Are you sure the cover image inside the book is not greyscale in the first place (I find many Kindle books are).

You can use Calibre to get colour covers for books that have greyscale ones, and then use the "Polish Books" function in Calibre to replace the greyscale one with the colour version. Be aware, though, this will increase the size of the eBook files.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Thanks for reply. Yes, the cover inside books is in color. If I open a book in Kindle app on my tablet The cover Is in color.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is possible there are more than 1 images of the Cover
Notice my wording?

The image Marked as cover may be Greyscale. That may not be the image used at the beginning of the book (that you think of as cover )

Unpack (Tap U) the AZW3 , what files do you see (may be in Images folder)
In Windows you can rightclick in the file list and change the view to Thumbnails or Extra Large... no need to open)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
Fidney
Enthusiast
Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fidney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
I have noticed similar previously when copying to Calibre from my Paperwhite, so I now use the "Download to transfer by USB" option direct from Amazon and find that I always get colour covers that way.
Fidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert