Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
2 things.

1) The group label in the grouping drawer now says "groupsnull"
I don't see this

EDIT: never mind. It happens if you aren't showing autosort specs.
Quote:
2)

This is not working. Also, it seems to be taking more than 2 back presses to get out of the grouping and changing the display from list to cover. I need to play with that more.
The number of backs depends on what is showing. For example, if a series line is highlighted with first letters showing then it will take two backs to get to groups.

Last edited by chaley; 09-12-2014 at 06:33 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #17
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The number of backs depends on what is showing. For example, if a series line is highlighted with first letters showing then it will take two backs to get to groups.
Sorry, I meant it isn't doing the ungrouped sort if I hit the back button enough times to go to ungrouped.

Also, I need to play a bit more before I report it, but I have run into a couple of cases where it has taken more than 2 back to get to ungrouped. This is a separate issue.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #18
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More details. If I use the back button to back out of a group, it doesn't re-sort when I get to ungrouped. If I go to a book's details and then back out, then it does re-sort correctly. It looks like it is setting the sort, but not running it.

Also, the bug still exist where if you follow a link (ie the authors name) in the book details screen, the sort will happen, but opening the sort dialog will have no sort selected. This isn't a huge deal, but it might be a sign of other problems.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #19
a_daley
Enthusiast
a_daley began at the beginning.

Device: None
Have a book with PDF & Epub and although the rating is 4 stars in calibre it shows as five stars on the Book Details page and when one looks at the Rating under groups it shows it has a rating of eight....

Also needs a space in the autosort:

Read [autosort byDate Read (CC)]
Title [autosort bySeries]

I expected to be:
Read [autosort by Date Read (CC)]
Title [autosort by Series]
a_daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #20
a_daley
Enthusiast

As the book showed no cover in CC I tried resyncing with no joy so deleted did a warm boot and re send the book to the device.

Shows cover and as four stars on my production tablet
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
More details. If I use the back button to back out of a group, it doesn't re-sort when I get to ungrouped. If I go to a book's details and then back out, then it does re-sort correctly. It looks like it is setting the sort, but not running it.
There were several problems there. I think I have fixed them
Quote:
Also, the bug still exist where if you follow a link (ie the authors name) in the book details screen, the sort will happen, but opening the sort dialog will have no sort selected. This isn't a huge deal, but it might be a sign of other problems.
I can't repeat this after 30 minutes of trying.

The base experiment:
  1. Sort the list by Title
  2. Look at book details for a book
  3. Click a link
I tried links with auto-sort == user-defined, and that is what was marked in the sort menu. Same with a standard sort. With no sort, the sort was unchanged.

By any chance have you removed the sort used for autosort from the menu? That would result in no sort being shown.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #22
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_daley View Post
Have a book with PDF & Epub and although the rating is 4 stars in calibre it shows as five stars on the Book Details page and when one looks at the Rating under groups it shows it has a rating of eight....

Also needs a space in the autosort:

Read [autosort byDate Read (CC)]
Title [autosort bySeries]

I expected to be:
Read [autosort by Date Read (CC)]
Title [autosort by Series]
Thanks.

Quote:
As the book showed no cover in CC I tried resyncing with no joy so deleted did a warm boot and re send the book to the device.

Shows cover and as four stars on my production tablet
Do you remember if before the delete/re-add the book was marked as on-device? It sounds like the calibre was not sending metadata for the book, which implies that it didn't know that the book was the same as one in the library. This can easily happen with PDFs because they almost always contain no or wrong metadata. If the book arrived in CC via a scan for new books or from a different library then internal metadata would get used to try to match the book to the library.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
kaufman

Quote:
By any chance have you removed the sort used for autosort from the menu? That would result in no sort being shown.
I don't. It is still on the list.

I figured it out. It only happens (or rather fails to happen) when there is an apostrophe in the sort name.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I figured it out. It only happens (or rather fails to happen) when there is an apostrophe in the sort name.
Ah - apostrophes are the bane of SQL coders .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Still doesn't fail for me. I put an apostrophe into the name of a user-defined sort (Series/Author's), made that the auto-sort for series, sorted by title, went to book details, and tapped the series. The user-defined sort was selected in the sort menu. Tried it again with "sort on menu", and it worked.

Frustrating.

Hmmm ... Perhaps I have accidentally already fixed it. I will try the experiment with the released version. [EDIT] Nope. V3.4.4a has the same behavior as the current source.

Last edited by chaley; 09-12-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I think I have figured out why we weren't getting the alpha releases through the normal channel. Apparently GP remembers the groups you were in at the moment you accepted the conditions.

Please try going to https://play.google.com/apps/testing...calibreandroid
and selecting "Leave the test". Wait some time (10 minutes or longer) the go to the URL again and join the test. When I followed these steps I saw the alpha version in the GP store in minutes (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eandroid&hl=en)
Old 09-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #27
a_daley
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks.

Do you remember if before the delete/re-add the book was marked as on-device? It sounds like the calibre was not sending metadata for the book, which implies that it didn't know that the book was the same as one in the library. This can easily happen with PDFs because they almost always contain no or wrong metadata. If the book arrived in CC via a scan for new books or from a different library then internal metadata would get used to try to match the book to the library.
The book was showing as being on the device in Calibre and there was text metadata...

When I tried to delete it first and do add it straight back had the same issue which is why I did a warm boot
Old 09-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #28
a_daley
Enthusiast

Quote:
I think I have figured out why we weren't getting the alpha releases through the normal channel. Apparently GP remembers the groups you were in at the moment you accepted the conditions.

Please try going to https://play.google.com/apps/testing...calibreandroid
and selecting "Leave the test". Wait some time (10 minutes or longer) the go to the URL again and join the test. When I followed these steps I saw the alpha version in the GP store in minutes (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eandroid&hl=en)
After doing the above I was able to access the A without a problem on GP
Old 09-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #29
kaufman

Quote:
Still doesn't fail for me. I put an apostrophe into the name of a user-defined sort (Series/Author's), made that the auto-sort for series, sorted by title, went to book details, and tapped the series. The user-defined sort was selected in the sort menu. Tried it again with "sort on menu", and it worked.
Here's another possibility. My autosort was created the old way where the label didn't match the one in the column that I created in Calibre. Is it possible that something to do with that could be throwing it off. I tried to recreate the custom columns and all sorts of behaviors got worse. (At this point I sent you a debug log). I then tried cleaning up the database, but that didn't help either. I was getting all sorts of weird behaviors at this point. The back button would send me to random screens, or sometimes just redraw the current screen.

I then saved my settings, uninstalled and reinstalled and loaded my settings. I then reloaded all of my books, and everything seems to be working fine now (including the sort being checked) except that when I loaded my settings, it showed a different sort for my ungrouped sort.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
After doing the above I was able to access the A without a problem on GP
Excellent. Thanks for letting me know. I will send those instructions out by email to the group in case someone is waiting and not checking in here.