Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #961
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
It's not a big deal, I'm just wondering if it's the intended behavior to show immediate availability in such cases?
No, it should show XX instead of 00 as the number of weeks to indicates that it cannot be determined.

If you let me know the library and books involved I can check into it further.

Added: A job log from an availability check for one or more of those books would also be helpful.

Last edited by jhowell; 11-30-2018 at 09:29 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #962
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
No, it should show XX instead of 00 as the number of weeks to indicates that it cannot be determined.

If you let me know the library and books involved I can check into it further.

Added: A job log from an availability check for one or more of those books would also be helpful.
Sorry for the false alarm - when I ran it again it updated to XX, so maybe I inadvertently ran the search job instead of the availability check? Thanks for taking the time to respond...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #963
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Thanks for the plugin--we use it almost every day!

I've been noticing lately that Axis360 searches have been failing, with the error:

HTTPError (Not Found)

An example of an (active) Axis360 library I have been using is https://sfpl.axis360.baker-taylor.com/
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #964
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
I've been noticing lately that Axis360 searches have been failing...
Thanks for the error report. I will look into it.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #965
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.30.0 - 28 Dec 2018

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes "Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count")")

Handle website change at Axis360. (Fixes "HTTPError (Not Found)")
Old 01-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #966
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Getting this same Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count" error when searching both Amazon Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited. Interesting that if I search for just the Hiaasen book it still does not find the book but it does not get the error message either.

Starting job: Search for books by 2 authors
Overdrive Link 2.30.0, calibre 3.38.1
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook
=================================================
Finding library books by Neil Gaiman
Accessing library Amazon Prime
Search Amazon Prime for stardust by neil gaiman
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?sort=price...ltered=1&fap=1
Search Amazon Prime for stardust by neil gaiman: : Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 926, in find_book_at_lib
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.amazon", line 432, in find_books
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.parseweb", line 248, in must_find
LibraryError: u'missing "span id=s-result-count"'

Finding library books by Carl Hiaasen
Search Amazon Prime for native by carl hiaasen
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?sort=price...ltered=1&fap=1
Search Amazon Prime for native by carl hiaasen: : Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 926, in find_book_at_lib
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.amazon", line 432, in find_books
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.parseweb", line 248, in must_find
LibraryError: u'missing "span id=s-result-count"'

Matching 2 calibre books with 0 library books
Found 0 matching calibre books in 0.0 sec
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:58 PM   #967
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Getting this same Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count" error when searching both Amazon Prime Reading and Kindle Unlimited.
Amazon has made some significant changes to the HTML markup of their search results. It will take me awhile to update the plugin to deal with this.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #968
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 2.31.0 - 22 Jan 2019

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes "Server response error (missing "span id=s-result-count")")
Old 01-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #969
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Thanks for the quick fix on this.

I have several hundred books that I want to bump against Amazon to see if they are available on Prime or Kindle unlimited. With this big a request I am constantly running up against Amazon's throttling. Even if I go to the trouble of submitting subsets as smaller requests it totes up all recent requests and throttles the job. Any ideas on how to make this work easier?

Here is an article I found on Amazon API throttling:

https://docs.developer.amazonservice...hrottling.html
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #970
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Thanks for the quick fix on this.

I have several hundred books that I want to bump against Amazon to see if they are available on Prime or Kindle unlimited. With this big a request I am constantly running up against Amazon's throttling. Even if I go to the trouble of submitting subsets as smaller requests it totes up all recent requests and throttles the job. Any ideas on how to make this work easier?

Here is an article I found on Amazon API throttling:

https://docs.developer.amazonservice...hrottling.html
That API does not apply here. Although it does give some idea of how few requests for data Amazon allows per unit of time before throttling.

One suggestion is to do them in small groups until you are blocked and then wait until the next day to do more.

Another is to use a VPN to have your requests go to Amazon from a different IP address. When you are blocked then disconnect and reconnect the VPN to try to get a different IP address. Some VPNs allow you to select the city/country from which the IP will be assigned. You could vary that each time.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #971
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Version 2.31.0 - 22 Jan 2019

FWIW that may have fixed some other issues as well. I ran a search job and got some URL warnings, where in each case it looks like it did a retry that then worked. I installed the latest Calibre and updated the plugin, then the same search ran with no warnings...

BTW, would anyone know of a reason why all 7 of my libraries have the latest Louise Penny Kingdom of the Blind in audiobook but none have the ebook, even to recommend?

Thanks...
Old 01-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #972
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
FWIW that may have fixed some other issues as well. I ran a search job and got some URL warnings, where in each case it looks like it did a retry that then worked. I installed the latest Calibre and updated the plugin, then the same search ran with no warnings...

BTW, would anyone know of a reason why all 7 of my libraries have the latest Louise Penny Kingdom of the Blind in audiobook but none have the ebook, even to recommend?

Thanks...
Because they are lame libraries?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #973
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You can search for libraries that carry it here:

https://www.overdrive.com/media/3779...m-of-the-blind

(Every library near me and all of the major ones that allow outsiders to obtain non-resident cards carry it.)

Last edited by jhowell; 01-22-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #974
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
You can search for libraries that carry it here:

https://www.overdrive.com/media/3779...m-of-the-blind

(Every library near me and all of the major ones that allow outsiders to obtain non-resident cards carry it.)
Thanks - they actually do have it so I must have something wrong in my config. But when I searched for the latest Expanse book it found 3 plus 3 rocommendable, so I'm not sure what could be different about the Penny book.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:13 PM   #975
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Thanks for the error report. I will look into it.
Hi, forgot to come back immediately after but I can confirm that the subsequent release fixed this error. Thanks!!!
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
id=model, overdrive