Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 01:29 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I contact customer service, I try to find a phone number to call or I see if there is a live chat. I don't email unless I have to.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #77
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When I contact customer service, I try to find a phone number to call or I see if there is a live chat. I don't email unless I have to.
On this we agree.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
On this we agree.
I'd rather have an answer as soon as possible. Email sometimes gets used when CS says they need to send me something and that's fine. Most times I get the email while on the phone and can tell the person I have it. Usually, it's directions on how to send the defective item back.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #79
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd rather have an answer as soon as possible. Email sometimes gets used when CS says they need to send me something and that's fine. Most times I get the email while on the phone and can tell the person I have it. Usually, it's directions on how to send the defective item back.
Same here. Makes it easier. Mine is usually reservations.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #80
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Yeah unless you have to wait 45 minutes to get a hold of someone.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #81
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima7 View Post
Yeah unless you have to wait 45 minutes to get a hold of someone.
I could find plenty of things to do while on hold.
Even for that long.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:40 AM   #82
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very, very few companies in the UK offer toll-free telephone support numbers (Amazon being a notable exception, in that they phone you). Being on hold for 45m if you're paying 5p a minute for the privilege of doing so gets a little irritating.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:40 AM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very, very few companies in the UK offer toll-free telephone support numbers (Amazon being a notable exception, in that they phone you). Being on hold for 45m if you're paying 5p a minute for the privilege of doing so gets a little irritating.
But there are websites you can use to try to find a non-pay-to-call number. Sometimes it works. Another thing to do is to call a number that's not for CS but for the company and try to get transferred.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #84
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When I purchased The Compleat Traveller in Black by John Brunner and it turned out to be the incomplete version without the last Traveller in Black story, it took about 5 minutes on the phone.
Well you are lucky, what I discussed was one of just five bad experiences I've had. And the good experiences I've had (if you can call it that) still amounted to at least 10 minutes on the phone.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #85
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I'm having difficulties with ADE and called Kobo Customer Service 3 times. The first two were handled nicely but they only just escalated the problem. The 3rd (Marsha, I believe) was surly and condescending and after having me uninstall ADE that was working left me with the instruction to contact Adobe...yeah right, good luck on that one. She left me in the lurch.

For one thing, she tried to push me to ADE 3.0 but it would not work at all (wouldn't authorize and kept hanging up the PC). I thought 1.7.2 was the ADE version that works with Kobo.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:36 PM   #86
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I thought 1.7.2 was the ADE version that works with Kobo.
1.7.2 should still work if you're still able to use it with your content source. Most people have dropped 1.7.2 in favor of 2.0.1 as 1.7.2 no longer works for downloading with some of the sources for Adobe encrypted content (OverDrive, Google, others...). They've stuck with 2.0.1 as starting with 3.x ADE supports newer hardened DRM if a vendor chooses to use it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #87
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I can say that ADE 1.7.2 still does work and works with Windows 10 as well.

Kobo help insisted that I use ADE 3.0 but it would not work on my Windows 7 PC.

I'm happily back to using ADE 1.7.2.

All is well now...albeit totally without Kobo help.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Yes, I can say that ADE 1.7.2 still does work and works with Windows 10 as well.

Kobo help insisted that I use ADE 3.0 but it would not work on my Windows 7 PC.

I'm happily back to using ADE 1.7.2.

All is well now...albeit totally without Kobo help.
And you will find situations where 1.7.2 will not work. You need 2.0.1.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #89
petercreasey
Wizard

J, can you please give me some example(s) that won't work with 1.7.2, please.

I am a very straightforward user and rarely (if ever) depart from a set sequence that works so I imagine the examples will be something I'll never use.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
J, can you please give me some example(s) that won't work with 1.7.2, please.

I am a very straightforward user and rarely (if ever) depart from a set sequence that works so I imagine the examples will be something I'll never use.
I can give you two very good examples. Overdrive and Google. Both need ADE 2.0.1 and as other companies update their Adobe DRM server, they won't work with 1.7.2. There probably are others that don't work with 1.7.2. So why start with something broken when you can go with something that works?