Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-17-2015, 07:08 PM   #61
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there a way to set the save location of the config file? I've been using both 3.4 and 2.3 to generate catalogs for the sake of comparison, but whenever I switch between them it tells me my configuration is invalid and erases all the settings. I'd like to save the different version configurations separately.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #62
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Is there a way to set the save location of the config file? I've been using both 3.4 and 2.3 to generate catalogs for the sake of comparison, but whenever I switch between them it tells me my configuration is invalid and erases all the settings. I'd like to save the different version configurations separately.
With 3.4 you can control the location of the Config folder using an environment variable as detailed here. I cannot remember if 2.3 (did you really mean a version that old?) would have recognised the environment variable or not.

There is also the possibility that Config folder redirection as specified here might be an alternative if one of the versions you are trying to use predates that option being available.

Will one of the above work for you?

Last edited by itimpi; 02-18-2015 at 03:01 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #63
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I updated to rev 330 and noticed an extreme slowdown. I watched it while it was generating the authors catalog and it seemed to take forever to get through the list. Also, it generated errors stating it couldn't find some cover files.

I aborted the process and tried again with the same results. Then I reverted back to rev 327 and all was well again. Catalog generation with 327 is very speedy.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 AM   #64
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I updated to rev 330 and noticed an extreme slowdown. I watched it while it was generating the authors catalog and it seemed to take forever to get through the list. Also, it generated errors stating it couldn't find some cover files.

I aborted the process and tried again with the same results. Then I reverted back to rev 327 and all was well again. Catalog generation with 327 is very speedy.
The 'authors' phase is when a lot of the work is done as that also generates the pages for each book referenced by the author. Do you know if any of the other phases slow down?

I have not noticed a slow down on my library, but there are some internal changes in preparation for new feature that might have an effect - I will check this out. However if you did not let a run with 330 complete and try a second run it could be that you are not gaining some advantage of caching between runs.

Any warnings around missing cover files should also occur in 327 as nothing has changed in this area - have you checked this out? Also have you checked whether the cover files are really missing so that the warnings are genuine?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #65
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I loaded ver 330 again and let it run fully to the end. It took like a half hour. Then I reran it immediately after and it was very quick. I guess it needed to rewrite the cache with this version.

It did choke on one cover.jpg that ver 227 did not. It was a very large jpg. I replaced it with a smaller cover and it didn't have a problem with it again.

So, everything is good. It was just a shock to see the first run of this version take so long.
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #66
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I loaded ver 330 again and let it run fully to the end. It took like a half hour. Then I reran it immediately after and it was very quick. I guess it needed to rewrite the cache with this version.
That was good to hear. I guess it proves the cache code is reasonably effective.

I may change the format of the cache file again for a future release. I am seeing if writing it out as a text file would be faster than the current binary format that is being used. If so it would be worth doing as it would also mean that the cache file would be human readable which is useful for debugging purposes.

Quote:
It did choke on one cover.jpg that ver 227 did not. It was a very large jpg. I replaced it with a smaller cover and it didn't have a problem with it again.
That is strange. I cannot remember there being any difference in the image handling code between the releases.

Quote:
So, everything is good. It was just a shock to see the first run of this version take so long.
I know what you mean. I have a large personal library and I always make sure I can run against that with no obvious problems before posting a release. I thought I would have noticed a dramatic slowdown if there was one, but behaviour can vary between systems so I was not certain.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #67
edbro
Banned

Calibre2opds v3.5 - No Window

When I try to load ver 3.5 on my Mac using the downloaded dmg file I never get the main window. I see it in the menu bar and I get an icon in the dock but that's all I get. Ver 3.4 loads fine.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:47 PM   #68
itimpi
Wizard

What revision are you using? You might want to check the latest one as I fixed an error in the Mac plus file yesterday.

Unfortunately I do not have a Mac for testing and all other Calibre2opds developers have disappeared so Mac support is a bit hit-and-miss.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #69
blue2015
blue2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I'm running Calibre2OPDS ver 3.4 on Windows 8.1. Everything is fine except that I just could not generate a catalog for my Calibre custom fields. For example, in Calibre, I have columns TRR and Read but no matter what I tried, I just could not include them in the Book Details. I have already tried the following methods:
1.Use Modify Epub plug in (check update metadata option)
2.Polish Books (check Update Metadata in the book files)
3.Embed metadata function in Calibre
4.Re-convert to epub format
I must have missed something because I could not just generate a catalog for those Calibre custom fields.
In Calibre2odps Books Detail page, I've put '#tbr' in the custom fields and have the box checked but it still didn't work.
Thank you.

Last edited by blue2015; 07-29-2015 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Typo
blue2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #70
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2015 View Post
I'm running Calibre2OPDS ver 3.4 on Windows 8.1. Everything is fine except that I just could not generate a catalog for my Calibre custom fields. For example, in Calibre, I have columns TRR and Read but no matter what I tried, I just could not include them in the Book Details. I have already tried the following methods:
1.Use Modify Epub plug in (check update metadata option)
2.Polish Books (check Update Metadata in the book files)
3.Embed metadata function in Calibre
4.Re-convert to epub format
I must have missed something because I could not just generate a catalog for those Calibre custom fields.
In Calibre2odps Books Detail page, I've put '#tbr' in the custom fields and have the box checked but it still didn't work.
Thank you.
Calibre2opds works purely off the Calibre data base, so steps 1-4 are all irrelevant as far as getting custom fields listed in a Calibre2opds catalog is concerned

I must admit when I last tested it I used the field names without the leading # - I need to check if including the # is still working. Have you checked the calibre2opds log file to see if any warning/error messages about the custom fields are there? What are the types if the custom fields?

I would recommend that you try the latest 3.5 release and see if the problem still persists as it would be much easier for me to troubleshoot that release. If you get nowhere and are prepared to let me have a copy of your calibre metadata.db file plus the profile file you are trying to use (so I have your parameter settings) then I can try and reproduce the issue. The best way to supply such information is by raising an issue at the calibre2opds bug tracker and attach the files there (they can be marked private if necessary).
Old 08-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #71
blue2015
blue2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Calibre2opds works purely off the Calibre data base, so steps 1-4 are all irrelevant as far as getting custom fields listed in a Calibre2opds catalog is concerned
I must admit when I last tested it I used the field names without the leading # - I need to check if including the # is still working. Have you checked the calibre2opds log file to see if any warning/error messages about the custom fields are there? What are the types if the custom fields?
I would recommend that you try the latest 3.5 release and see if the problem still persists as it would be much easier for me to troubleshoot that release. If you get nowhere and are prepared to let me have a copy of your calibre metadata.db file plus the profile file you are trying to use (so I have your parameter settings) then I can try and reproduce the issue. The best way to supply such information is by raising an issue at the calibre2opds bug tracker and attach the files there (they can be marked private if necessary).
Thank you! Re. the custom field: I've tried both with and without leading # but it still didn't work.

As you recommended, I'll try version 3.5 to see if the problem still persists for me.

Thanks again.
blue2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #72
DBDigital
Connoisseur
DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Anyone know if the newer versions work with Nook Cassic and Trook? I looked though several release notes, and I didn't see any incompatibility notices. But I only see version 2.3 mentioned with Trook so I was wondering. With the shut down of GoogleCode the older 2.3 version is gone from GoogleCode.

Last edited by DBDigital; 02-07-2016 at 01:53 PM.
DBDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:29 AM   #73
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDigital View Post
Anyone know if the newer versions work with Nook Cassic and Trook? I looked though several release notes, and I didn't see any incompatibility notices. But I only see version 2.3 mentioned with Trook so I was wondering. With the shut down of GoogleCode the older 2.3 version is gone from GoogleCode.
All I can say is that the code to support Trook has not been removed and is still in the current source, but since I do not have access to a Trook it has not been properly tested in a long time. I would actually be interested to know if it still works after all the changes that have happened internally to calibre2opds as if it does not then maybe that legacy code should be removed (or I should locate a Trook for testing against the current release ).

Note that older versions of calibre2opds are still available for download if you go via calibre2opds.com (the downloads are now hosted on GoogleDrive) and the source code is now hosted on gitHub.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #74
DBDigital
Connoisseur
DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Well I will give it a try and report back then. I figured it wasn't worth trying if the code had been removed (and then me wondering if I was doing something wrong). I assume I can export/send the created catalog to the external SD card? (The internal memory is almost full heh).

As for the older versions, I did check out calibre2opds.com and while the downloads are hosted by GoogleDrive, the archive does not go back that far. Or at least I was going to try the version I mentioned 2.3 which I have seen people mention actually using with Trook. And I did not see 2.3 on Google Drive. If I recall there is a link saying to look for older versions on Google Code (which is now shut down), hence my message here.

As for finding a Trook, I do have the APK, the code was also moved to Github from GoogleCode (but of course not the APK's). If you want the APK I have, let me know.

Last edited by DBDigital; 02-12-2016 at 02:50 PM.
DBDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #75
eduardomb
eduardomb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Is it still possible to use calibre2opds at cloud storage service? like dropbox or gdrive?
eduardomb is offline   Reply With Quote