Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Post BookBrowser - A tool to create a web interface for reading your ePub library

I have been wanting a web interface for my ePub collection for a while. I wanted it to be simple, but also have a web based viewer. I wanted it to be able to work on all platforms, and I wanted the generated html to be usable standalone. I could not find anything which fitted my needs, so I created one.

You can see more info here: http://geek1011.github.io/BookBrowser

Live Demo

The readme is below:

BookBrowser

A tool to generate a web-based epub book browser.

This works on Linux and Windows with Python 2.7.

The web interface works with basic book browsing support on IE 9+, Edge, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Android Browser, and other browsers with es5 support. The web interface works with full search, filters, online reader, state storing in url, and animations on IE 10+, Edge, Firefox 28+, Chrome 21+, Safari 9+, Opera 17+, and Android browser 4.4+.

Features
  • Search
  • Responsive UI
  • List by:
    • Author
    • Series (calibre style series metadata)
    • Random
  • Online reader
    • Custom fonts, colors, sizing, spacing
    • Animations
    • And more
  • Works offline
  • No server side scripting after initial indexing
  • Easy to use
  • And more
  • PDF support coming soon

Usage

First, download and extract or clone this repository. Then install python 2.7 if you haven’t already. Then:
  1. Put epub books in the
    Code:
    Content/Books
    folder
  2. Run
    Code:
    indexer.py
    in python2.7
  3. Run
    Code:
    createjson.py
    in python2.7
  4. Run
    Code:
    server.py
    in python2.7. You can also just open
    Code:
    Content/index.html
    in a browser, but you will not be able to read books within the browser.
  5. Go to http://localhost:8000
  6. If you add more books, just repeat these steps again

To clear the metadata and cover cache, either run resetindex.sh on Linux, or delete the txt, jpg, jpeg, and png files from the Content/Books folder.

Demo

Screenshots

Update 02-22-2017: New version, resesign, rewrite, deep linking support, sort by series, responsive ui, random book, series info, and more.
Update 11-26-2016: New version, redesign, and IE9 compatibility.
Update 01-26-2017: New version, redesign.

Last edited by geek1011; 02-22-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: New design
Old 01-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking Redesign

I just redesigned it.

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-04-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard

Another rewrite and redesign

I have rewritten, redesigned, and added new features.

New:

Old:
Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
Voxman
NotVeryTechy
Voxman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle,
This is pretty awesome, what got me here is thinking about an idea to download my digital e-books - from my (original) Kindle, or my iPad (via the Kindle App) - to an external drive of some sort.

I have discovered that if I let either my kindle or iPad power down, or don't connect to the internet for a period of time, I am unable to read any of my eBooks?

My theory is that the "Mothership" must tell the e-reader to hold my data hostage until the e-reader logs into Matrix er..SkyNet...I'd like to do an unobtrusive hack to set my data free. I don't want anything that isn't mine, I paid for my content, I should be allowed to read it without going through a gatekeeper.

I was exploring using an rPi computer - but when I saw the link to this forum in an article by Nick Hoffelder over at The Digital Read, I thought I'd see if the much smarter folks around here could point me in the right direction...maybe save a little elbow grease?

Last edited by Voxman; 04-03-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: A.D.D. kicked in, didn't conclude my thought in opening paragraph,
Old 04-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #6
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
I'll fix that soon, sorry about that.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I'll fix that soon, sorry about that.
Thanks.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #8
geek1011
Wizard

I have released a new major version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=287472

Sent from my XT1527 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
browser, epub, server, web